No announcement yet.

Those nights at Anfield and, well, the Bernabeu I guess - CL semi finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar must have delighted with their investment...

Comment

This is the biggest hammering I can recall since Brazil v Germany in 2004. I feel Roma as a football club will take years to recover from this game. Psychologically, they're all over the place.

Comment

Nah, torrid Champions League hammerings are​ part of the Roma psychology.

Comment

Here we go....

Comment

Eye off the ball, and there's your away goal.

Oh, and now a penalty. Well done.

Comment

Oh, and they're going to let them off the hook tonight? 5-2. Whoops...

Comment

5-2. They never do anything easily, these pricks.

Comment

This is the biggest hammering I can recall since Brazil v Germany in 2004. I feel Liverpool as a football club will take years to recover from this game. Psychologically, they're all over the place

Comment

Neutrals can't ask for more: magnificent football and the bonus of (slight) deflation at the end.

Comment

Thing is, everyone has, in the last few minutes, now thought "Well, Roma beat Barcelona 3-0 at home, so they can do the same to Liverpool, can't they?"

Even the Liverpool players are going to be thinking about it now.

Comment

From 5-0 and cruising to weirdly hanging on at the death.

Next week is going to be a bit nervy.

Comment

That said, if Liverpool put another half together next week then we'll see.

5-2 is not a bad result, all in all.

Comment

If they don't take Salah off next week they'll probably be fine...

Comment

They should have brought Salah back on.

Comment

I can't see Roma shutting Liverpool out at home. Very shoddy finish to proceedings, but I reckon they're 'there'.

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                This is the biggest hammering I can recall since Brazil v Germany in 2004. I feel Liverpool as a football club will take years to recover from this game. Psychologically, they're all over the place

Comment

I said to the fella next to me at 4-0, we need to score a couple more here cos their heads have gone, and we’re going to be absolutely spent in the last 15 minutes.

Still, I’d have taken that beforehand. Firmino and Milner magnificent again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    I can't see Roma shutting Liverpool out at home.
                                    I couldn't see Roma shutting Barcelona out at home, yet here we are.

Comment

Roma were unlucky to lose 4-1 at Barcelona. This might have helped them believe that it might just be possible to overturn it. They were very lucky to only lose 5-2 at Liverpool. I think it will be harder to believe in their chances in turning this around (though for sure, they will be convinced that if they can get somehow through the first 80 minutes, then Liverpool will be there for the taking since they appear to completely go to pieces after that. 3 or more goals after 80 minutes seems eminently achievable for anyone.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                        I couldn't see Roma shutting Barcelona out at home, yet here we are.
                                        Barcelona have been stuttery this year though, highly reliant on Messi to unlock defenses and Suarez in particular hasn't been quite his once-electric self (1 goal in the CL this year, IIRC). They're much more of a pragmatic side than they have previously and they rode their luck a bit against Chelsea.

While Roma haven't allowed a goal at home in this edition of the competition, Liverpool represent a different question to those they've faced already.

Comment

The passing in this match is all o'er the bloody shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            The passing in this match is all o'er the bloody shop.
                                            I don't know. That was a pretty good pass from marcelo to kimmich. 1-0 to Bayern Munich.

Comment

Up until that point, it had been pretty shoddy.

Bayern may have the advantage - thanks in part to some dismal goalkeeping - but they're already down by two key players...

Comment

Marcelo hits a well-placed but largely-undeserved equaliser.

1-1 at the break. Very strange game.

Comment

Fucking hell. That half put me through the wringer. Madrid were just hanging on but barely - Bayern Munich could easily have been 3 up. Navas giving me the jitters every time he goes near the ball. Then Marcelo equalises - great strike - with about 4 minutes to go but even after that, Bayern Munich had chances to go ahead again.

Comment

Asensio on for isco in the second half.

The two mangers seem to be both wearing a similar kind of tie. Both are black with the triangle cut off at the bottom, finishing off with some piping in the club colours.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X