No announcement yet.

Those nights at Anfield and, well, the Bernabeu I guess - CL semi finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First serious bayern munich mistake has been punished. Asensio 1-2 with a cool finish.

There's a huge 'twenty is plenty' banner in the crowd. Brilliant!

Comment

One of those games. Bayern could have 5 by now. Not going to happen.

Comment

If Madrid go through, Liverpool will surely punish their defensive frailities in a way that Bayern Munich haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          If Madrid go through, Liverpool will surely punish their defensive frailities in a way that Bayern Munich haven't.
          If Roma haven't punished Liverpool's defensive frailties first, of course.

Comment

Yes, both ties still aren't settled by any means.

Real Madrid have beaten Bayern Munich in Germany for, I think, the third time. And it's all been in the last five years.

Comment

Hoeneß will no doubt complain the 1. Bundesliga isn't competitive enough

Comment

https://twitter.com/NutmegRadio/status/989234392232026112

Comment

Bayern never seem to improve whereas Real seem to have found a real talent in Asensio. Liverpool have played the best football in the tournament though these last two rounds. Sensational stuff, worthy of champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Asensio on for isco in the second half.

The two mangers seem to be both wearing a similar kind of tie. Both are black with the triangle cut off at the bottom, finishing off with some piping in the club colours.
                    A square end tie isn’t that rare, especially for your suave continental coach. I wonder if the club trim means they are Champions League issue (is there an official tie manufacturer for the competition) or if it’s a coincidence?

I presume Ramos didn’t wear the hat tonight, given he was playing?

Comment

Comment

Yes, I did some research and saw the photos :

I wonder if it’s just a brand that’s popular amongst managers, like Prada or something.

Comment

"I wonder if the club trim means they are Champions League issue (is there an official tie manufacturer for the competition) or if it’s a coincidence?"

Yes, I was puzzled and wondered, like you, if it was a UEFA branding thing. Can't find a heynckes photo from tonight but he has a similar tie (albeit with a black shirt) that has red, instead of white, at the bottom.

I still haven't seen the ramos hat yet. He took it off mid-game, I think.

Comment

Thanks for the photographic help, ray. On second looking, it appears it may be too subtle to be a branding of any kind.

The eternal question arises from those two pictures. Belt or no belt with a suit?

Comment

Always a belt, unless you have the trousers tailored to be worn with braces which is preferable.

Comment

Ramos took the hat off in the latter stages when Juve pulled level and he went pitchside. I don’t think a fedora/pork pie hydbrid would be considered seemly on the touchline.

I searched twitter in vain that night for a photo of it, clearly it has been excised by some vast millinery conspiracy. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Comment

Ramos in the hat

Comment

Ramos should keep the hat. His hair yesterday looked like his mum had cut it.

Comment

Kimmich gives Bayern another early lead. 2-2 on aggregate

Comment

Benzema equalises. This might be exciting after all.

Comment

Completely unmarked at the back post, and what a cross from Marcelo.

Comment

Again, no clue how Bayern haven't scored multiple goals by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                              Again, no clue how Bayern haven't scored multiple goals by now.
                                              Me neither very wasteful really. Belting game of football though Champions league been good this year tbh

Comment

There's something not quite right about sergio Ramos.

Comment

On watching tonight, I realise - I think I may have known since I first saw him - that I fancy Thomas Muller.

Comment

Jesus. I know we're playing with a makeshift right back in vazquez but, if we do get through, Salah will tear a new one in this defence in the final.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X