The Michael Meechan thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Michael Meechan thread?

I'm sure we had one, but "search" is not helping me much (either here or via google - "Sitenetouchfootball.com meechan"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-43864133

Has been fined £800 by the sheriff

He had denied any wrong-doing and insisted he made the video, which was posted in April 2016, to annoy his girlfriend.

But Sheriff Derek O'Carroll found him guilty of a charge under the Communications Act that he posted a video on social media and YouTube which was grossly offensive because it was "anti-Semitic and racist in nature" and was aggravated by religious prejudice.

Are we not allowed to use colons ( any more?

Comment

"MARK" Meechan.

Comment

This is a man who thought that "gas the jews!" was funny, who called Stephen "Tommy Robinson" Lennon as a character witness, has started petitions to have antifa groups proscribed, and has a YouTube channel full of praise for Donald Trump, jokes about "gays", and other MRA guff. The only thing wrong with the sentence is that it wasn't harsh enough.

Comment

Nah man, he’s persecuted. Jonathan Pie says so. And some barrister blog. And Wings Over Scotland and Gervais. All the greats.

Comment

Apparently David Baddiel is discussing it with Julia Hartley-Brewer.

Comment

Baddiel was another calling the verdict a travesty. I’ve more respect for him than any of the other shower defending this twat, but still.

Comment

He should have been jailed just for the shit in his earlobes. Beardo twunt. Sure Breitbart or InfoWars will sign him up as Coatbridge correspondent now.

Comment

Apparently Baddiel is "not as convinced as he was"

There's a link from TLS I saw earlier, I'll try to dig it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                    Baddiel was another calling the verdict a travesty. I’ve more respect for him than any of the other shower defending this twat, but still.
                    Are you talking about Tom Walker and Ricky Gervais here?

Comment

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/p...i-dog-baddiel/

Comment

I’m guessing Tom Walker is the barrister, tbh I don’t know anything of him. But I’ve less than no time for a Spiked online Contrarian prick like Pie or the downright evil Wings over Scotland. Gervais makes the veins on my temple throb. Not a fan.

Comment

Tom Walker is Jonathan Pie

Comment

Then yeah, fuck him.

Comment

That was a good article. I’ve still no problem with the fucker being fined but.

Comment

Apparently he's taken to social media to defend Stephen Yaxley-Lennon's arrest for contempt of court for interfering in an ongoing trial for CSE.

(I'll try and chase down the link)

Comment

Working...
                                X