Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Games In Hand: Midweek matchgoing

Tonight: Wealdstone v East Thurrock.

Molesey are playing four home games this week, a Southern Combination Cup quarter-final against Staines Lammas tonight and then their final Isthmian South fixtures against Ashford United on Tuesday, South Park on Thursday and Faversham Town on Saturday.

I think I’ll make the first league game as it’s the only one that fits my schedule and given it’s 23rd place hosting 22nd it might afford some flimsy chance of The Moles recording their first league win since November 11th. Luckily only one goes down so Shoreham’s miserable 8 point season saves Molesey.

On Wednesday night I’m at Rye House Rockets v Wolverhampton Wolves in the SGB Premiership, hoping to see a completed meeting unlike the season opener.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-04-2018, 13:50.

Comment

This season's been a bit of a shitstorm since the start of the year for Bradford City but if I get to see us relegate MK Dons tomorrow night that will be some consolation.

Comment

Nottingham Forest v Barnsley

We'll lose because that's what we do. We'll also lose against Brentford on Saturday to confirm our relegation.

Comment

Coventry v Lincoln tomorrow, rescheduled from snowy March. Ordinarily i'd settle for a point, but we have Stanley away on Saturday and can't see us getting anything there.

Comment

Disaster! No halftime pint ordering facility!

Comment

Wealdstone, playing with the freedom of knowing that the result is irrelevant, score after just over ten minutes...

Comment

There was a minute's silence before the match for a long term Stones' fan. And as I'm typing, it's 2-0...

Comment

3-0 kicking up before halftime. That'll do...

Comment

It's funny how it's actually quite cool at present. It's almost as though it's no longer the middle of Summer...

Comment

Like it was last week...

Comment

Hmmm, the teenagers who've attached themselves to Wealdstone have been mildly amusing until now. But they've started singing 10 German Bombers. Not impressed.

Comment

And now God Save The Queen. Something's going on.

Comment

Anti IRA songs? What century is this? There's definitely something going on. Sadly not on the pitch...

Comment

Finishes Wealdstone 3 East Thurrock United 0. Great first half: forgettable second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                And now God Save The Queen. Something's going on.
                                It's fucking Saint Git's Day and there was royal spawn earlier, I reckon that explains it.

Comment

Somehow fitting that Brisbane Road's first season of non-league football should end with a game entirely fitting of the season, and of the National League, with a physically strong and well-drilled Maidenhead outmuscling us to win a drab game 1-0 peppered with fouls and odd refereeing decisions. Much of the season's felt like this.

Comment

Molesey 1 Ashford United 3
                                    Isthmian South

Molesey are really rubbish this season, even for them. Their goal was an og, sums it up.

Comment

Nottingham Forest 3-0 Barnsley

Another thoroughly deserved defeat.

We seemed to reach a new low with this one though. I don't think that the team actually believed they could get anything out of this game from the moment we kicked off. All the normal bad things were part of the defeat - we made six changes from the last match (including giving a debut to our Under 21s goalkeeper because the players don't trust a confidence and form free Adam Davies, and our other goalkeeper, Nick Townsend, is out for the season after breaking a finger punching a team mate during practice), our defence couldn't stop their attackers, our attackers created few chances, the wingers didn't beat anyone, the tactics needed changing at half time, we ran out of energy after 70 minutes, no leadership on (because our captain Andy Yiadom had been left out again) or off the pitch, etc, etc, etc.

I remember when we played Rotherham at the tail end of last season and thinking to myself that not one of them (except perhaps the centre forward who went to Cardiff) was fit for purpose for the division they were in. We are now in the same position. Andy Yiadom is out of contract in the summer and should find himself a mid table Championship team. The rest of them are just not good enough for this division. 'The Plan' of getting lower league players with potential, making them better, and them selling them on for profit (Hourihane, Mawson, Winnall, Bree) hasn't worked. Either we've bought players who don't have the potential to get better or our coaches don't have the ability to make them better. Or more than likely, probably both.

The fans turned on the team in a way I've not seen before. The players do try - we realise that. They're just not good enough. So instead of 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' type songs, they sang the past songs of former players. Bruce Dyer, Bobby Hassell, the midfield of our promotion team from two years ago, Ronnie Glavin, Marlon Harewood and Jason Scotland - they all got an airing.

We are now so bad that even Sunderland could beat us.

Comment

Working...
                                      X