No announcement yet.

Sky leave Froome for doubt? Giro d'Italia 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another highly impressive win by Simon Yates.

Comment

Absolutely torrential rain as they approach Imola

Comment

Fuck off fat shaming Betancur, Kirby.

Comment

Glad Pozzovivo didn't lose out in the end. After Chaves' collapse, Ms Felicity would no longer have been able to say 'Come along you small boys' in Gregory's Girl style as I cheer them on.

'Anyone but Froome' has now pretty much won the Giro, so apart from my small boy, I'm at a bit of a loss who to root for (between Yates and Dumoulin, in particular)

Comment

Some very steep stretches even on the 'lesser' climbs today. I always like to see pros coming to the kind of standstill us ageing hobbyists frequently do.

Not much action yet, and I'm suffering Kirby with my teeth gritted. Forza Pozzovivo! Sky merda!

Comment

I take it everyone else is watching the wedding..?

Comment

Great ride by Dumoulin,Yates didn't get anything like he needed today,terrific stage though

Comment

Aru gone. Froome setting himself up to attack by the looks of it

Comment

Sorry, I've just remembered I'm watching with a delay!

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                      I take it everyone else is watching the wedding..?
                      I've hardly seen any of this Giro. Weirdly I can't get enthusiastic about it and I think that's the Israel factor.

Comment

Where did that Froome performance come from? He's been hopeless so far then he goes and does that on the bloody Zoncolan.

I've been watching the race entirely through the medium of Quest's evening highlights. Not massively into this race, not helped by the fact that there's no contenders I really care for apart from Pinot. Roll on July when I can cheer Bardet and Nibs and lightly mock Porte.

Comment

Yates 16 seconds up cresting the penultimate climb with 15.5 km to go

Comment

So 40 minutes is the benchmark time today but looks like Dennis is going to smash it.

Comment

Pinot gonna Pinot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                So 40 minutes is the benchmark time today but looks like Dennis is going to smash it.
                                Heh, or, in fact, finish in 40:00.

Comment

Excellent to see that Michelton and/or Castelli have created a leader's skinsuit where the lower portion is black rather than pink.

Comment

Bloody hell, Pinot over 2:30 down on that checkpoint.

Comment

Yates stays in pink, with a lead of 1:37.

Comment

56 seconds

Comment

So it is. I wonder what that 'time for maglia rosa' graphic was supposed to mean then.

Pozzo has held off Froome for now, too.

Comment

I'm not sure that I've ever seen it toi be accurate.

As soon as it appeared, ursus minor reminded me that it was rubbish in the final time trial last year.

Comment

Looks as if we will finally have a long winning break today, notwithstanding the summit finish at Prato Nevoso.

Gap is more than 13 minutes with 75 km to go.

Comment

Dumolin halved Yates' GC lead...and Froome not far off from the podium now.

Comment

It was Froome's attack with about 1500 metres to go that dropped Yates. He had previously been able to stay with Dumoulin.

This is the first ray of hope for Yates' opponents since he took the jersey.

Comment

Froome not far off from the podium now
                                                    Please, no- let's hope Pozzo can continue to stay ahead of Froome. I did enjoy Poels going left into a car park towards the end of the climb, otherwiae Froome might've distanced the others

Comment

Working...
                                                    X