• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No waking him up now

Producer and DJ Avicii dead at 28.

Literally the first time I have ever heard of him tonight. #highcourtjudge

Comment

I'd heard of Avicii, but until today I thought it was a group.

Comment

He headlined T in the Park a few years ago, he was big with the young 'uns.

He's done more than just headline T in the Park of course, that was just my go-to.

You will have heard the Hey Brother one, whether you knew it was him or not.

Comment

FUCKING HELL. I've just seen this on Twitter.

True was an excellent album.

Bored, I can't believe you hadn't heard Wake Me Up or Hey Brother. I mean, I live under a fucking rock when it comes to music and even I had his album.

Comment

I checked out the above tracks to see if I recognized the tunes and honestly they did not ring a bell at all. I acknowledge that a great deal of talent is evident in the arrangements, and he's a huge loss to his genre, but his tracks don't connect to my musical tastes in any way.

Comment

I only know of him (3 songs, maximum) because of my kids. He was the shit maybe three years ago. They come and go so fast. Frankly, and I feel like an ass saying this, I really don't 'get' the DJ thing. Are you a composer? A mixer of someone else's songs? He seemed to be more like a producer per se, than a DJ like Deadmau5. But, as I say, I just don't get it.

Comment

I'd heard of him, and knew he was a DJ, but never knowingly knew any of his music, except the one they played on the news, which I thought sounded like an Irish jig.

Also, I've only heard one song by Calvin Harris, one by David Guetta, one by Mark Ronson, one by Drake, one by Kendrick Lamarr, one by Kanye West, two by Rita Ora, none by Deadmaus, none by Swedish Dance Mafia and none by Dua Lipa, although I'd certainly be able to pick her out of a crowd.

Comment

Working...
                X