• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow pages stylee:

Aaaaaa Proof Reading

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      Acme & Accurate Proofing LLC
      Sam, deep in concentration, walks off cliff edge and carries on walking through thin air until he happens to look down.

See also: exploding red pen.

Comment

Proofessor of Readiology

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I like that! But it's even more popular than my first two options. Unsurprisingly.

This is going to be a .com domain, by the way. I'm proofreading in English for Anglophone clients, I don't want to confuse things by getting an Argentine domain name just because I happen to live here at the moment.
          That's a shame, as the "Argent" root of Argentina lends itself to a variety of names - Argent Documents, Argent Delivery etc.

Comment

Honest Sam's Proofreadery.

Comment

The World-Famous Early David Bowie Lookalike and Proofreading Agency

Comment

Goods Airs Proofreading

Comment

I'll bet he doesn't take any of these, just like that fish & chip shop guy didn't. Can't recall if Todger Talk was one of 'ours', either.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Kelly's Biros
                    It's Great to Write Straight, Yeah.

Comment

Correction Offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                        Yellow pages stylee:

Aaaaaa Proof Reading
                        Our copy machine at work has a long list you have to scroll through on a shitty touch screen, so that you can get to your print account.

Of course I prefixed my name with AA #1

Comment

Tippex through the chewlips.

Comment

Smugly Finding Your Errors [2018 Ltd]

Comment

Can I get a witness? RECTIFY!

Comment

Errorvision.

Comment

Altered States

Comment

The Proofessional!

Comment

TippexHateMeHeresWhy

Comment

You Won't Believe My Proofreading

Comment

Pen Testing.

Comment

I'm enjoying these. There's a fairly limited amount of actual helpful ones here, but it's fun all the same.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            In a former office, we once got a speculative CV that boasted of excellent poofreading skills.

Sam Kelly Reading and Proofing gives you the acronym SKRAP.
                                            But proofing is the job of preparing the proofs which are then sent to the proofreader, so that would give a false impression of my services.

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            Biros were of course patented in Argentina as the brothers Biro fled Hungary to escape the nazis.

If you ask an Argentine about this, they'll tell you that, 'the Biro was invented by an Argentine'. László did take Argentine nationality later in life but given the patent was secured about 20 years before they ever set foot in Argentina, I've pulled a few people up about this.

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Thus the suggestion, even though I imagine that Sam uses a pencil
                                            If you're working on paper, it's pencil for queries that need to be referred to the author or copy-editor. Ballpoint pen for changes that are clear and necessary (red for typesetter errors, blue for editor errors). Although given I'll be working almost exclusively on PDFs and Word documents, I won't actually be using either.

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            Kelly's Eye.

Proof-reading problem? You need Kelly's Eye.
                                            I actually very much like that one. I'm not sure, given the area of work, about how it would look to adopt a name which would require an apostrophe to be dropped for the URL, though. Might ask on the SfEP forums what folk there think.

Comment

Malvinas Proofreading.

Something based on the other famous Sam Kelly, listen very carefully I'll check this only once.

Comment

There's another other 'famous' Sam Kelly who was a contestant on The X-Factor a couple of years ago. He presumably attracts more Google searches than the actor. I can't decide whether this would be an SEO advantage or disadvantage to me if I were to go with a name that uses my name.

Comment

Thumbs-Up Proofreading.

Y'see...

Comment

I've named quite a few companies, magazines and products, which suggests I should have done it for a living.

Syntax Sam
                                                    Reading and Righting (a good one if I say so myself, so it's probably already used)

And I like using the Argentine suffix:

Proofst.ar
                                                    Readcle.ar
                                                    Typocle.ar
                                                    Cleanandcle.ar
                                                    Makeitcle.ar

Comment

Working...
                                                    X