• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

Actually this pic is funnier (also the home kit for 1989-90):

https://twitter.com/RemTheFoot/status/660218196285222912

(https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/mi...-manager-47583)

Comment

Hasn’t changed his hangman’s looks.

So what was Man U’s baby pink? Is that the “third” kit?

Comment

Pink is the default change kit, the 3rd strip is dark blue.

Comment

Well.

Comment

Bloody hell, he had a fair few strings to his bow and he is a Uruguayan supporter.
              Last edited by Bored Of Education; 16-11-2018, 21:14.

Comment

Schlee's drawing features here.

Comment

It's probably happened prior to this weekend but the switch to white socks on Doncaster's already terrible change kit against Barnsley gave it a really jarring market stall Harlem Globetrotters/Evel Knievel/USMNT look ;

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-11-2018, 17:24.

Comment

Bayern cede to sustained fan demands and agree that future home kits will only be red and white

https://twitter.com/fcbayern_france/status/1067090403697074176?s=21

Comment

I would have said that blue was far more prominent in Bayern's kits during the nineties and early noughties, was there protest then?

Comment

Your recollection is accurate

There was at least grumbling back then from more tradition-minded supporters. That said, it has been much better organised recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          It's probably happened prior to this weekend but the switch to white socks on Doncaster's already terrible change kit against Barnsley gave it a really jarring market stall Harlem Globetrotters/Evel Knievel/USMNT look ;

It's sad that one of the best talents the third tier has ever witnessed (Herbie Kane in the number 15) has had to turn out in this monstrosity. If he doesn't extend his stay with us in January, I'm blaming the designer... assuming there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

You're wrong, that's gorgeous.

Comment

Yeah, 'appen it looks much better than red socks

Comment

There are some elements of a decent shirt there, if I'm being honest (and risk never having access to Uroš Predić's RoversPlayer/iFollow account again). The kit would look smarter if the red band didn't fade into the navy blue.

Comment

Yes, I certainly think a better designer/manufacturer might have executed a nice kit from the basic ideas in that one.

The mismatched socks are a disaster on that one though. Contrasting hosiery can work when done well but they’re a fiendishly difficult thing to get right and this example is just a mess.

Comment

I hope that this will find some favour here. They are currently wearing a white version with red shoulders here against Czech Republic.

Even greater than the front of the shirt are the names on the back, which I can't find a picture of. They're stretched and tight and gorgeous looking.

P.S. All sports federations should have friendly animals playing their sport as a logo.

Comment

The polar bear looks rather more aggressive the more you look at him.

The fact that ESPN+ chose to show a Coppa Italia match between Cittadella and Benevento played at 3pm on a Tuesday before a "friends and family" crowd in Calabria has altered me to the fact that Cittadella are the first team to sport kits from the Franco-Italian "streetwear" firm Boxeur des Rues.

They feature a shoulder logo that makes Kappa look restrained.

Comment

Doncaster here, just swooping in to cement their claim for the worst kits of 2018/19 by releasing a special third kit that channels a 1980s vibe that is very much Mappei Cycling team meets a tub of Gino Ginelli tutti frutti meets St-st-st-st-studio Line.

In its defence...
                                        1. It is a special charity kit to support CALM
                                        2. It's designed by a child
                                        3. It's a third kit so it's not a kick to the groin of any sort of tradition
                                        4. It's better than last year's special charity kit to support CALM
                                        5. It's probably better than our home and away kits

Comment

I don't get "CALM" from that, to be honest

Comment

I love it - if you're going to have a third kit, then I think it makes sense to go batshit crazy with it.

Comment

Preach. Third kits should be utterly distinctive and only ever worn out of necessity.

Comment

It would make a good Christmas present, if they'd somehow timed the launch and delivery a bit better.

Comment

My main issue with that is that it just looks like a t-shirt. I think it's because of the plain sleeves.

Comment

Stade de Reims Third - hommage a Real Madrid for the 60th anniversary of the clubs' second meeting in the European Cup Final

Comment

Working...
                                                    X