No announcement yet.

First Aid Kit - Shirt Gallery 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levin, yes, and not just in the same country but increasingly in the same division:

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    Urgh, yes, multiple teams with the same betting company on their shirts has become a feature of the Championship in the past couple of years. And it's shite. There were three last season, and it looks like it will only get worse.

LeoVegas did some marketing around the Brentford v Norwich matches. I think 32Red have worked out this is an application of the 'handshakes formula' in that adding more teams beyond two gives them loads of fixtures over the season where they sponsor both teams. Last season they sponsored Leeds, but this season they are up to four teams in the division: Leeds, Boro, Preston and Derby. That means 12 Championship matches next season where all the players are advertising them.

According to Wiki, as it goes, Millwall don't (yet) have a shirt sponsor for 2018/19.

Comment

Celtic 3rd

Horrible.

Comment

Looks like the old Slovenia "mountain range" designs.

Comment

Borussia Dortmund

Presented their new "Cup-Shirt" (to be worn in the DFB Pokal, European competition and, erm, the International Champions Cup) in Chicago (as one does)

Comment

To RdG:
            It's like Celtic's change kit from 91 - 92 had a drunken get-together with their change kit from 96 - 98 round the back of the wheelie bins at Lidl, and this was the bastard offspring they conceived.

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post

The club have sent a shirt to every fan who went to all 19 away games last season, in what I believe is labelled a #nicetouch.
              That's brilliant, but how did they know which those fans were?

Comment

Presumably they had to have acquired tickets through Watford and perhaps also used official travel.

Comment

How did they know everyone's shirt size? Or did they just chuck everyone a large and hope for the best?

Comment

The way that it is usually handled here is that everyone gets an XL (it's America) and there is a facility to exchange it for a different size if needed.

Comment

If they sent me an XL I would very much need a different size. I think I've mentioned before that shortly after moving here, a guy in (what is now) my local, who has friends in Uruguay, insisted on giving me his Rampla Juniors shirt after hearing of my difficulties tracking one down in Montevideo, in spite of the fact he was/is about three times larger than me. As a result I have been, for eight years now, the proud owner of a Rampla Juniors shirt I can't wear because it's like a bedsheet on me, in spite of my having told him not to give it to me even as he was thrusting into my hands. People can be odd sometimes.

Comment

Cheltenham's new home kit - an exact replica of the 98/99 kit (aside from badge and sponsor) to celebrate our first ever promotion to the Football League.

I bloody love it - Errea have done a bang up job on copying the kit they designed 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                          How did they know everyone's shirt size? Or did they just chuck everyone a large and hope for the best?
                          In the note it says you can exchange it if it's the wrong size, but I'm not sure if they went with one default size.

Comment

The soft launch of the Bath City shirt happened yesterday and no wonder it was soft with this monstrosity. This in a season when Newcastle are parading a lush "this is what you could have won" kit. It is already barmily popular with some. As you can see the player on the right, quite rightly, can't wait to get it off. Can't tell much from Ross Stearn's expression as the "Craig Bellamy of the Conference South" is always scowling.
                            Last edited by Bored Of Education; 22-07-2018, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Yeah, I don't like the material football shirts are made from, so I haven't bought one since the all-cotton England 1970 third shirt replica I got in 2003 and the Manchester United 1968 all-cotton Toffs one I got ... around then, maybe a year or two later. And I don't wear Argentine club colours here more out of habit than anything because I'm a River sympathiser who for a few years lived not an awfully long way away from Boca's ground. But I could do with another t-shirt to go running in, and this one is so nice I am tempted to spend the crippling amount of money it would set me back. Even more so since we've only got a window of a few months before it has a logo splashed across it (the smart money seems to be on Fly Emirates).

And as if by magic, it's...

Boca Juniors

Comment

One for bix! Unfortunately, it's hideous.

Bristol Rovers

And the change
                                Last edited by Kevin S; 22-07-2018, 22:25.

Comment

THERE'S the Macron we all know and hate!

Comment

In the cold light of day, yes, it's still a shocker of a kit for the Gasheads. But I think the imbalance of colours mean it could work for a team where the colours are not necessarily supposed to be balanced.

The one that comes to mind is Dulwich Hamlet: if you changed all the white to pink, it might just be passable.

Comment

We were playing Roverz on Saturday where our hideous kit was worn and their second kit was a yellow version of that first kit; I assume last year's. They were obviously softening the supporters up for that abomination. I did think they had done a graduated version before but no. Graduation is obviously this season's atrocity of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                        The soft launch of the Bath City shirt happened yesterday and no wonder it was soft with this monstrosity. This in a season when Newcastle are parading a lush "this is what you could have won" kit. It is already barmily popular with some. As you can see the player on the right, quite rightly, can't wait to get it off. Can't tell much from Ross Stearn's expression as the "Craig Bellamy of the Conference South" is always scowling.
                                        Am I the only one that isn’t seeing the photo here?

Comment

The Roverz kit would work OK but for the old problem of the big box around the sponsor’s logo. Equal quarters and the sponsor’s logo in a contrasting colour overlaid directly over them would be fine.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-07-2018, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Am I the only one that isn’t seeing the photo here?
                                            Nor me, maybe it's so awful on the eyes the board's rejected it.

Comment

I found it on Twitter - if it was a Cheltenham shirt I'd hate it, but there's something hypnotising about it.

Comment

I’d seen photos on Bored’s Facebook but that stark one may make it look even worse.

The sponsor is problematic for two reasons. Firstly, I have always objected to a sponsor carrying the name of a place other than the one the team represents, especially if that place has a well known team of it’s own. That problem is exacerbated if it’s the name of a rival that a team is sporting on their shirt (I presume there is a a rivalry Bath City and the Bristol sides, albeit an assymetrical one. I’m sure there’s a civic rivalry between the two cities).

The other problem with the sponsor (and I realise I may be out on my own here) is a rare one in that it is not actually prominent enough. In the match shots on Bored’s Facebook it’s impossible to make out who they are sponsored by. Another case for the sponsor’s logo being in a contrasting colour but this time for commercial rather than aesthetic reasons (because nothing can save that shirt aesthetically).

Comment

For once I agree with you in all respects regarding a sponsor.

Comment

Making the sponsor so indistinct is the one plus point of the kit for me. The sponsors are picked out of a draw, Ray, so there is not much choice in the matter for us (although we wouldn't turn down their money anyway, I assume). Bristol Airport were given approval of the final kit so I assume that they don't realise what a kit may look like from the terraces.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X