Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeovil apparently switching codes would seem the bigger story there

Comment

Charlton change, once again ruined by sponsor, apart from that I rather like it.

Also thinking that the taller chap is wearing official club pantaloons.

Comment

Which one is the taller chap?

Comment

More to the point, are they linking arms? I hope so.

Comment

Charlton's 90s inspired kit looks like it borrows a bit more from the 1930s tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Wacker Innsbruck
              Hang on, do they exist? I was in Innsbruck for New Year 1998-9, and spent the entire time looking for Wacker Innsbruck tat, finding nothing. I got back to England to find out that they were called Tyrol Something or Something Tyrol...

Comment

That was the year Wacker Innsbruck folded after an undistinguished season in the seventh tier of Austrian football, having lost their license to FC Tirol Innsbruck a few years earlier (after previously having lost their license to FC Swarovski Tirol before getting it back).

This shirt is that of a phoenix club founded in 2002 that claims the history of both the historical Wacker club and Tirol Innsbruck (though not everyone agrees to their right to do so).

Austrian football strains the brain.

Comment

Adidas accidentally uploaded then deleted the launch video for the new Man Utd kit. It is indeed red with black trim and the fade to black at the bottom, with black shorts, as had been widely leaked anyway. Just in case anyone's forgotten:

Last edited by Kevin S; 17-07-2018, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    That was the year Wacker Innsbruck folded after an undistinguished season in the seventh tier of Austrian football, having lost their license to FC Tirol Innsbruck a few years earlier (after previously having lost their license to FC Swarovski Tirol before getting it back).

This shirt is that of a phoenix club founded in 2002 that claims the history of both the historical Wacker club and Tirol Innsbruck (though not everyone agrees to their right to do so).

Austrian football strains the brain.
                    It certainly does. After we played Grazer AK in the Fairs Cup in 2005, I tried to follow their fortunes after. They've been bankrupt twice, relegated to the bottom level, and dissolved completely. The phoenix club is making its way back up the pyramid. Funnily enough I booked tickets for Wacker Innsbruck yesterday as I happen to be in the area in a couple of weeks' time. So my season starts there with their game against SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz.

Comment

Anderlecht

Comment

I quite like that Man U kit, it’s just not a Man U kit. Someone’s already said it looks like a Leverkusen one, haven’t they?

Comment

Or Stade Rennais?

but yeah, not Man Utd.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 17-07-2018, 10:25.

Comment

Honestly thought that was Nemanja Vidic modelling United's new kit.

It's fucking horrible. Just like this season will be as we scramble our way to glorious CL qualification, only 60 points behind Manchester City. I'll be wearing the pink away shirt all year and pretending our style of play is as wavey as our garms.

Comment

The Barnet players are floating a foot off the ground.

Comment

We toyed with black shorts in the '89-'90 season. They should have got Nigel Beaumont to model that Man U kit.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post

That is pretty terrible which is a real surprise from Hummel. The stripe detail is way too fussy, looks like a Scalextrix Crossover track.

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion

Comment

So THat'S brIGhton On The lEfT anD HoVe AlbiOn oN THe RIgHT?

Comment

That's Hove Albion Actually. Not sure how I feel about the home shirt yet - that's a lot of white, but it might grow on me. Meanwhile, we'll be fielding 11 goalkeepers away from home next season.

UPDATE: having now seen the reverse of the home shirt, with blue stripes only below the number panel and all-white above, plus stupid little red tag on the collar, I don't like it at all.
                                        Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 17-07-2018, 17:35.

Comment

Now that I look more closely, what is that hovering menacingly behind Lewis Dunk?

Comment

No Far Eastern betting syndicate sponsor, so they're winning on that front.

Comment

The new Spurs shirt is an absolute fucking abomination.

Comment

No far-eastern betting syndicate, instead a credit card accepted as means of payment literally nowhere

Comment

I was at the bar on sunday afternoon, and a woman next to me tried to pay contactless with American Express, I absolutely pissed myself

Comment

I occasionally do work for Pearson in Turkey . The bloke who hires me and who has to sort of ferry me around and take me out and stuff, has terrible problems doing so because Pearson insists that its staff all use Amex corporate credit cards even though outside the US that's absolutely mad. So we have to drive round for hours looking for a restaurant that takes it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X