Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
    Are you being sponsored by the cub scouts
    That's the sponsor J. Clarke Transport, their logo is set in the Stafford knot that is county symbol (which you would have learned from my article in this months WSC had you bothered to read it. Hmmph!)
    The cub scouts have been making up the bulk of this season's squad if recent performances are anything to go by.

Comment

No matter what division we are in next year, this is a relegation kit.
      Having seen it in the flesh yesterday, it is much worse than the picture suggests.
      Is this a new Puma template?

Comment

Christ, is that blue stuff on the torso meant to be The Mersey?

I was already worried about Puma doing all Wimbledon’s kits from next season, given their current form.

Comment

You'd think they'd try to find a player to model it who didn't have really distracting tattoos, although given the kit design perhaps this was done on purpose.

Comment

Puma do Barnsley too. If that is the Mersey, I dread to think what they'll give us to cause a similar look. Arthur Scargill's hair?

Comment

Baptiste’s photo doesn’t quite do justice to how bad it is, the full one is even more shocking :

Maybe it’s not meant to be The Mersey but a TV set that needs tuning.

Comment

Blimey, between the club badge, the kit manufacturer and the sponsor they've got a right menagerie on that shirt.

Comment

The sponsor is also confusing because of their previous association with Home Bargains - this makes you think they've skipped to the other side of the retail park to the equally downmarket/cheapo rivals.

Comment

Graduated shading on kits — however it's done — always looks like something from a Littlewood's sale bin. This is especially bad because the patterning doesn't go all the way around! It's so utterly naff.

Comment

I haven't seen shorts that shiny since being forced to use a pair from our school PE department's 'spare kit basket' in the mid 1990s.

Comment

Those are two very valid points raised by AdeC and UP. This meanwhile...
                        Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                        Puma do Barnsley too. If that is the Mersey, I dread to think what they'll give us to cause a similar look. Arthur Scargill's hair?
                        ...made me almost choke on some Cadbury's Fruit and Nut. Thanks for that mental image Billy!

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                          You'd think they'd try to find a player to model it who didn't have really distracting tattoos, although given the kit design perhaps this was done on purpose.
                          Who's face has he got tattooed on his elbow?

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                            I haven't seen shorts that shiny since being forced to use a pair from our school PE department's 'spare kit basket' in the mid 1990s.
                            Genuinely laughed out loud at that. We had one of those at our school. Anything borrowed out of it just got put back after. (You can imagine the smell.)

Comment

Doncaster Rovers launched their 2018-19 kits today, by letting some local kids wear them first in a kickabout with the players. Nice idea.

Just a shame our ever excellent community work was undone by the kits themselves, which are all kinds of horrendous.

The home is a slight improvement on this past season - but only because this past season was probably the worst home kit we've had in my life-time. Why must we keep dicking about with hoops? Why the hell are the badge and manufacturers logo at different heights? The away kit looks like the sort of thing a city-centre church-leader might commission for their youth group in an effort to look cool and edgy. I bet it's got a matching baseball cap.

Comment

At first glance I thought the hoops were lopsided because the kids were wearing massively oversized tops, rather than slightly oversized tops with lopsided hoops.

Comment

"Stand up straight! ... Oh, you are. Sorry."

Comment

Peterborough United, change
                                    Shirt only at this stage - I think this is a rendering?

Comment

PSV Eindhoven, change

Comment

Celtic

Comment

Dundee United, change

Comment

Luton Town

Comment

Said on another forum that I'd rather like Derby to get that PSV template with black accents.

Wrexham have released theirs and I rather like it, though I must admit I am a big fan of sponsors that are actual things and not financial services or betting cos.

Are the hoops on the Donny kit showing Virgin Trains' share price or something?

Comment

I prefer some black trim on my white away kits, thanks.

Nice pic, though, certainly compared to Scott Brown's authwentic street-thug-but-plays-for-Scotland-so-please-don't-book-him pose

Comment

Are the Energie Direct who sponsor PSV anything to do with Direct Energie of cycling fame?

Comment

As Dundee Utd are with Nike, I guess they could have had the same change template as Peterborough but with the gold changed to black.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X