No announcement yet.

First Aid Kit - Shirt Gallery 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could go on another thread, but Leyton Orient have released a 4th (!) kit with "the iconic red chevron, a nod to the Club's role in World War 1"

Comment

Alternatively, "we've decided to dress up as Airdrieonians for the weekend".

Comment

Sponsors ruin everything!

Comment

As I assume the chevron does not complete a diamond on the back, I would argue that they are channeling 1950s Lille Olympique Sporting Club. Even the shorts match.

Comment

Gone all League on us.

Although some of the nicest kits are League ones, Australia's is a thing of beauty, especially compared to the horrible canary yellow object the Union team wear.

Comment

Very much League - St. George Illawarra Dragons.

Can’t do a photo on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Very much League - St. George Illawarra Dragons.

Can’t do a photo on the phone.

Comment

I think I've heard it before somewhere, but: sponsors ruin everything.

Comment

Indeed. 70s League shirts were great. And thanks for the photo Simon.

Comment

http://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status/1054681448425447425

Comment

Cardiff City were going to commemorate Bob Marley's appearance at Ninian Park on a shirt but, typically, went for a picture of Pope John Paul II instead.

Comment

I wouldn't wear it myself but I haven't bought a new jersey since I stopped playing,it's been a huge publicity coup for the club,getting us on the Sports Illustrated and Marca websites amongst others with an offer to appear on Soccer am that had to be turned down.
                          Sales wise,on the first day it outsold the previous two away jersies total sales combined, so whatever people's feelings about the design it's been a success in every way

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                            Cardiff City were going to commemorate Bob Marley's appearance at Ninian Park on a shirt but, typically, went for a picture of Pope John Paul II instead.
                            Eh?

Comment

They were two people who appeared at Ninian Park and it was a joke about Cardiff City's propensity for making wrong decisions.

Comment

This leak of what is purported to be Juventus' jersey for next season has the third of the country that supports them in a tizzy

The club's first kit has always featured vertical stripes since these colours were adopted.

Comment

I like the pink stripe, but they would be right. In all cases, in all teams that are lucky enough to have them, stripes are sacrosanct.

Comment

I don't consider the current shirt to be striped, it is white with a black H on the front and two black boxes on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      I don't consider the current shirt to be striped, it is white with a black H on the front and two black boxes on the back.

I take your point, but one can at least argue that the front is 5 stripes of white-black-white-black-white. The new one iis a fundamental change in design.

Comment

If Ray didn't have a family, he'd be preaching the Real Truth to the people of Torino.

Wake up sheeple, it's an "H"

Comment

As a club that traditionally sports stripes (even if a couple of kits including this season's have pushed it), I am rather glad the some bright spark got the inviolability of the stripes written into the constitution once we became community-owned. Perhaps the Juve supporters should do the same.

Comment

Going back to that Bohs shirt above - it’s bloody terrible, a real cringe-inducing embarassment.

On first seeing it, I genuinely checked if it was a Streatham Rovers style gag.
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-10-2018, 11:10.

Comment

The thing that irks me most about that Bohs shirt is that they didn't reduce the sponsor's logo by the minor percentage necessary to ensure that the 'n' didn't go over the stripes.

Comment

Much as I like a halved shirt, ad hoc is right about the Juve kit.

Comment

Talking about stripes, I'm rather attracted to the Cefn Druids shirt, where the sponsors logo (a big WXM for Wrexham Lager in a beer mat oval shape) actually enhances the shirt imo.

Also the Llanelli away strip that they got hammered in at Barry a couple of weeks ago was rather nice. White with red shoulders.

Comment

Talking of chevron, or scapulaire, this is probably France's funniest chevron shirt (Lyon's home shirt 1990-91):

(Le 69, the Rhône dpt number, was an ads magazine then popular in the Rhône dpt and sponsor of Olympique Lyonnais that season)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X