• Show
Clear All

Blackburn Rovers

Comment

Wigan Athletic, change

Comment

Juventus, third

Comment

We've seen the home and change kits for Newcastle United but this picture includes the third

Comment

Apparently the Juve third kit is made from recycled ocean plastics.
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44870339

Comment

Seem to remember seeing Glen Keeley sent off for Blackburn at the old Baseball Ground in one of my first few matches wearing that shade of colour, possibly being sponsored by perspex.

Cant seem to remember when they went to a darker blue.

Just checked and I'm talking rubbish, they had dark blue back then.

Last edited by The-Reverend; 18-07-2018, 10:14.

Comment

They had a pale one four seasons ago.

According to historical kits they had a pale blue half from 1882-1904ish, and it seems to be something they like to do from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  We've seen the home and change kits for Newcastle United but this picture includes the third

I genuinely thought the chap in the middle had some kind of huge afro for a second there.

Comment

And, it seems, Blackburn also like to change which half is which occasionally, too.

Comment

Are Blackburn only playing number 10s this season? I hope we get drawn away to them in the cup, then we can field our all-goalkeeper XI as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                        So THat'S brIGhton On The lEfT anD HoVe AlbiOn oN THe RIgHT?
                        I don't get it?

Comment

Man United's new shirt features a "train tracks" motif apparently (they started as a railway workers' cricket and football club, 140 years ago). How marvellously appropriate, now that all the trains in Manchester are completely fucked, despite their bosses earning millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                            I don't get it?
                            Sorry, the way the kits and the name were presented made it ripe for the tired old 'two teams' gag, so I decided to present said gag in the mixed caps of mockery.

Comment

Ah OK, I think that much I got - wondered if there was something more.

Comment

Napoli

And more weird lettering from Madrid

Comment

Ugly sponsor aside, that's a really nice Blackburn kit at the top of the page. I like it when they occasionally lapse into pale blue, it puts me in mind of Mark Atkins sliding around in the rain in the old 2nd division (before the club was buried under a tidal wave of Jack Walker's fivers).

Comment

A new French jersey is already out (on sale from next Monday), made in Thann in Alsace by the small company Defil.

The new official France Nike shirt is currently being made in Thailand – available beginning to mid August, €140 – so Defil thought they’d steal a march on Nike. About 5,000 Defil shirts will be made in the next 2 weeks, they should be available in some outlets of the big sports chains such as Decathlon (from €30) according to Defil, also through the Defil website I think.

The Defil pre final (1*):

Comment

Took me a while to see the tiger in Napoli's kit (why a tiger? Not a nickname I associate with them).
                                      Horrendous. Fuck you, Napoli/Kappa.

Comment

The keepers kits are snake inspired.

Comment

It is a panther, and there is a video

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1019553826892926977?s=20

Comment

Think sponsors spoil kits a bit? Like classic kit designs? You might want to try and get the current version of the River Plate shirt. Their sponsorship with BBVAFrancés (the local version of Banco BBVA) ran out recently and, after not finding any companies who'd pay the amount they wanted for the main chest area, they decided that they'll play in a shirt which only has sleeve sponsors until December at least.

Comment

Oh my word, that River Plate shirt is magnificent.
                                              Let's hope they don't ruin it with a chest sponsor in 2019.

Comment

The Wigan away is the home shirt Torquay should have had.

Blackburn home is ace.

Comment

Bayern, change

Comment

Bolton Wanderers, change

Comment

Working...
                                                    X