No announcement yet.

CONIFA World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been a big fan of whatever organisation the none existent countries are calling them this week. For along time it was the Viva World cup, and I went to the 2010 tournament in Gozo. Who can forget the the Arameans Suryoye v Two Sicilies final?

I can't be arsed with any of the forthcoming games as they should be played on remote islands, war zones or tax havens, though you could argue that London fits into all three of these.

I did go to the Yorkshire v Isle of Man game, there's a report here which gives some background to CONIFA and the countries competing.

Comment

I was well up for this, particularly games at Coles Patk and Enfield most convenient for me, but I had keyhole surgery for a slipped disc inconveniently scheduled for last wednesday, so still laid up from being literally stabbed in the back. We'll see, maybe if recovery is super quick I might make it for one or two.

Fancy Northern Cyprus- they should be well supported, playing all their group games in Enfield

Comment

I've had a look to see if you can just turn up and pay on the door but can't find that information, does anyone know if that's possible?

Comment

I'm sure it will be (unless there's a sell out) but they are certainly pushing advance purchase.

Comment

http://www.batemanssports.co.uk/conifa-wfc-18/

The shirts on here seem reasonably priced and I'm hoping some will be on sale on the day.

Comment

Article on the tournament and especially Matabeleland here http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...o-matabeleland

Intrigued by the "green card" system. You sort of get half sent off (you can be replaced by a sub) if you show dissent to anyone or dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                I am busy with work on both weekends of the tournament and a lot of the weekday fixtures are in the daytime.

I think I may make Barawa v Tamil Eelam at Bromley on the 31st (but the T20 at Lord’s between West Indies and a World XI for Caribbean hurricane relief is a competing attraction) and the semi-final at Carshalton in June 7th.
                The wretched weather forecast for London tomorrow has made the decision for me as I think they may struggle with the cricket so I’ve bought a ticket for Barawa v Tamil Eelam at Bromley. Will report back.

Comment

Is that the opening ceremony? Enjoy.
                  Mark Clattenburg is refereeing the final, a little different from taking Saudi money.

Comment

This tournament has now kicked off. You can watch live TV coverage of all 4 games currently on here https://mycujoo.tv/video/conifa?id=19046 (that's the link to Szekelyfold - Tuvalu, but if you scroll down you can find the other 3 games

Comment

Can't believe Székelyföld are only 1-0 up at half time. The entire half was seemingly played in the Tuvalu end.

Comment

Been watching the Isle of Man - Cascadia game since that one worked. 2-1 to the Manxmen, a bit fortunate since the Cascadians have looked the more assured in possession, causing all sorts of trouble on the left.

Comment

My daughter, who used to play for the local u18 girls team just came in and told me who half the players were "that bald one he's my friend's father. That young one, he plays for the u21s. That one who just fell over - he always does that"

Comment

Hattrick! Golden boot here we come

Comment

4-1 Man, much more assured this half, decent free kick goal just now.

Comment

Thanks for the link AH. Just tuned in to see Abkhazia slicing through the Tibetan defence without much hindrance. Was thinking of taking a trip down to see this game, but I'm glad I didn't as the KO time I saw was 3pm.

Comment

Think Northern Cyprus - Karpatalya is at 3pm in the same stadium. So you could have styled it out.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                                    Think Northern Cyprus - Karpatalya is at 3pm in the same stadium. So you could have styled it out.
                                    Possibly. But I'd have been wearing my Snow Lion t-shirt and carrying a Tibetan flag... It would have been like the pre-internet, pre-Ceefax time I travelled up from Glos and walked through Shrewsbury wearing a particularly lurid away shirt. I got to the ground to find the game had been switched to Friday night, despite the papers insisting on 3pm Saturday afternoon.

Comment

My favorite ever Chinese meal was in Kibris. This tournament sounds like a geg- AdHoc FC v Unheard of Theocracy in the plate final

Comment

(Aside, to others. LMGTFY:

Comment

Padania with the restrained Crusader's Cross/Fascist Era Inter kits; Matabeleland look to be in some kind of pink-tinged leopard print (not at all what's shown in the OP).

Comment

The Sutton United club shop behind the Matabeleland goal is regrettably closed during the game.

Padania just scored their third. Might switch over to another game. It's a good tournament.

Comment

Either the pitch at Enfield has a more pronounced slope than I recall or the camera for that stream is very unstable.

Sutton's habit of leaving up to a dozen spare goals lying around the sides of the pitch is as annoying when watching a stream as it is when attending a match.

Comment

How are the streams for everyone? Wanted to watch Panjab-Kabylie, but it was unwatchably slow. NC-Karpatraijt better but still jerky. Might just be my crappy laptop.

Comment

The Panjab one is definitely ropey, the others have been OK with the occasional glitch.

Comment

Mine for Padania-Matabeleland was fine.

Better than BeIn official, as a matter of fact.

Padania could easily be up 6-0 at the half (they have 3).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X