I Want the Past I Can’t Have
    Harpurhey Nonny Nonny
    Windrush Ruffians
    The Bell Curve (Instrumental)
    You Lost, Get Over It
    Continent Cut Off By Fog
    I Should Have Died After Vauxhall & I

Comment

From what I remember Peel's festive fifty was an all time festive fifty hence Anarchy in the UK being number one every year. He then changed it to voting on that years releases.

Comment

Yep, Peel changed the criteria in 1982 - which was a 'double' Festive Fifty. (The two millennium Festive Fifties were also broadcast thus.)

Comment

Full on fash. Fuck him.

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1128321919244173312

Comment

Hope he dies roaring and soon.

Comment

His chosen political home won a couple of seats in the recent local council elections. Missed that at the time.

Comment

His new song is getting a lot of airplay on Radio 2 and it is just rubbish. Just utter, utter rubbish.

I was never into the Smiths at the time and listening to their back catalogue didn't convince me that I missed anything. At least that means I don't feel like I'm losing anything now by putting Morrissey in the bin.

Comment

Make sure you set light to the bin first, though.

Comment

Use offal as kindling - that'd really annoy the cunt.

Comment

Well, let's not be discrediting Morrissey's one redeeming conviction.

'Heaven knows' there's already more than enough to tackle here.

Comment

I'm not discrediting vegetarianism, just his particular take on it. I just want that cunt to suffer as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                          I'm not discrediting vegetarianism, just his particular take on it.
                          Is his take on it particularly bad? (genuine question)

Comment

Considering his take on pretty much everything else, I wouldn't say it was good enough to make me forget those. Being a massive racist immediately outweighs any minuscule positive qualities he may have.
                            His take is one of juvenile militancy and guilt-tripping which probably puts more people off vegetarianism than it encourages.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                              His take is one of juvenile militancy and guilt-tripping which probably puts more people off vegetarianism than it encourages.
                              I asked because I've not really followed what Morrissey's done in the last 30 years or so.

However, I saw The Smiths shortly after Meat Is Murder had come out, when vegetarianism was much more "niche" than it is now. There were people at the front shouting about "hamburgers" and "kebabs" and what have you. That was juvenile militancy, yet he didn't rise to the bait.

Comment

I'll admit that no-one really comes out of that scenario looking good.

Comment

He's covering a Phil Ochs song on his new album ffs, irony is dead to him.

Comment

And by covering that particular song, he'll be desecrating the memory of the Civil Rights workers murdered in Mississippi, who are referenced in the lyrics. He's taking a Black Power song and interpreting it as a white uprising song.

Comment

I can even now envisage the faux-dismissive eye-roll when questioned about it.

Comment

Just when you think he can't top his last bit of utter cuntitude, he takes it to new, absolutely horrific heights. We need a new word, "cunt" is losing its meaning.

Comment

How about "Morrissey"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            How about "Morrissey"?
                                            Or "Steven"

Comment

There's some redundancy but we've got something promising there.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                Make sure you set light to the bin first, though.
                                                The order isn't important.

The thing is that it is done.

Comment

Milkshake him someone.

Comment

It's tempting but would I want to waste a perfectly good milkshake? If I were to throw a liquid on the cunt, I'd want it to be extremely flammable and/or corrosive.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X