No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championship 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely incredible, Williams has pink for the championship, misses and Higgins clears up. We go to a frame 34 for the first time since 2005.

BBC also helpfully answer my question there of "didn't Williams lose the UK after potting championship ball once?"

Comment

Goodness me. One shot away and he misses the pink and loses the frame, that's got to weigh on the mind.

Comment

Wow, brilliant pot under pressure

Comment

Well, three snookers required...surely not

Comment

They think it's all over...

Comment

It is now.

Comment

Brilliant. What a superb final.

Comment

What a match, and Virgo calling the brown the black at the end just to add to it all. Astonishing to think Williams didn't even qualify for the Crucible last year.

Comment

A shot worthy of winning any championship. What a final! Haven't felt like this since Hendry / White.

Comment

I didn't see it, but it was exciting enough with the MBM in the Guardian.

Comment

Excellent final with plenty of drama and tension as well as some great play, both attacking and defensive.

Comment

This was the shot for me. Incredible.

https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker1/status/993593133022695424

Comment

Loved the way it wiped its feet before going in, too.

Comment

Don’t know what it was like on TV, but it was spellbinding live. In the space of two weeks I’ve experienced pure silence, and one of the biggest eruptions of sound (Higgins winning the 33rd frame) in my life. In the same room. And from virtually the same seat.

I don’t think there’s a better venue in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post
                                I don’t think there’s a better venue in the world.
                                Having only ever watched snooker at the Crucible I'm not in a position to agree or disagree with that, but its atmosphere is utterly unique and if you get a chance to go, I urge you to do so (and please don't be the one twat who forgets to turn their mobile off, despite repeated requests to do so). As per up-thread, I refuse to watch this on the BBC and found Ronnie and interesting co-commentator when given a chance. Engaging, genuinely funny and seemingly enjoying a good chat about the game and it's players; you always felt that a swear word was never too far away, though it never materialised when I was watching, his enthusiasm for the game and the venue itself was somewhat at odds with some of the headlines he made earlier in the season. Would love to see him win it, but having him behind the mike was a genuine highlight of one of the best tournaments in recent years.

Comment

Time. Bloody hell.

Comment

Working...
                                  X