No announcement yet.

Playoffs 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two horrible offside decisions against County. A clear goal that should have stood, and Cov were offside twice before they snatched their third.

Comment

I went to the game and Coventry thoroughly deserved their win but i think that if the linesman hadn't got that that decision wrong, Notts would have gone on to win. They can feel very aggrieved about that and the non-existent penalty in the first leg.

Nonetheless, Notts are a horrible team to watch. They're an unsophisticated fourth division version of Cardiff.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/998113552304164864?s=19

Live on S4C, folks. Kick off at 12.25pm

Comment

Cefn won. No European football in south Wales next season.

Comment

It's not like we deserved to stay up, pish as we've been this season, but losing to fucking Franchise? <vomiting noise>

Comment

Commiserations, blameless. As you say, particularly galling to lose to that lot too.

I didn’t see much of today’s match thankfully but the first leg was a horrendous love-in towards McFranchise from the BT Sport team. They seemed to love their Warnockist tactics and their “story”.

Who was the horrible-sounding Norn Iron colour man? Not sure if he was doing today’s.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-05-2018, 19:34.

Comment

Stephen Craigan I think?

Comment

I watched it because David Hopkin has been heavily linked with the vacancy at Carlisle - though I’d imagine he might be setting his sights higher than a 4th division relegation struggle after going straight through the Scottish Championship at the first attempt.

Commiserations blameless, Thistle were indeed pish - a real lack of urgency about them, too.

Comment

The only small consolation is that if Livingston try that knuckle-dragging nonsense against the Old firm, Aberdeen, Killie or Hibs (especially Hibs) they'll get their heads kicked in.

Comment

Fucking Livvy. Crowds of a thousand in the premiership, great. Commiserations to Blameless.

Comment

Agreed, commiserations to PTFC fans everywhere, particularly as it was at the hands of Ferranti Thistle. It's a shite state of affairs and no mistake.

These things can go one of two ways, either it re-boots the club and you bounce back refreshed in a season (or two), or it's the start of an extended absence from the top tier.
                        The Championship looks to be a decent league next season, with Partick, ICT, Ross Co., Dundee Utd. and Dunfermline all with realistic ambitions of a top 4 finish. Ayr could be tough, particularly at home, likewise Morton and QOTS.
                        Falkirk need to recruit well in the summer, and Alloa will hope to do better than Brechin did (which I'm sure they will). All in all it looks to be a far healthier and exciting competition than the one you've just left behind - which will be of little comfort I'm sure.

As usual, it's the playing and non-playing staff cuts which will be hardest felt. A pal of mine's daughter Katy is the Development Squad Physio, and could well be unemployed next week.

Comment

These things can go one of two ways, either it re-boots the club and you bounce back refreshed in a season (or two), or it's the start of an extended absence from the top tier.

We only ever do the latter, Max:

Relegated from the Prem in 1982: didn't get back til 1992
                          Relegated from the Prem in 1996: didn't get back til 2002
                          Relegated from the Prem in 2004: didn't get back til 2013

And worse, the last two relegations from the top flight featured a demotion to tier 3 soon after.

Comment

Still, it'll be nice to see the Staggies, Pars, Caley, Ayr, QOS and Alloa again.

Comment

Yeah, my core childhood, Thistle were unseen (I had the Rovers scrabbling out of Division 2 under Frank Connor, and Aberdeen as my glory hunting Premier team). They were like Villa in England, if talked about at all, it was how they Used to be Somebody (Villa might have won the 82 European Cup, but they were just a Division 2 footnote in Panini sticker albums by the mid eighties).
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 21-05-2018, 08:10.

Comment

The commentators kept repeating that Livingstone have "one of the smallest budgets in the Championship" is that true?

I gotta say, I've no dog in the fight, but I thought Thistle were lucky to still have eleven men on the pitch after the first fifteen minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post

We only ever do the latter, Max:

Relegated from the Prem in 1982: didn't get back til 1992
                                  Relegated from the Prem in 1996: didn't get back til 2002
                                  Relegated from the Prem in 2004: didn't get back til 2013

And worse, the last two relegations from the top flight featured a demotion to tier 3 soon after.
                                  Well, let's hope you can buck the trend this time around.
                                  Aside from the 3 or 4 times we lock horns each season, I've a lot of time for Thistle and their fans.
                                  I've always found Firhill to be a good day out, and Thistle fans to be genuinely knowledgeable football folk.
                                  Haste ye back.

But given the relative "strength" of the teams now in the 2nd tier, I'd love to see the league expanded to 16 or 18 very soon. We're all well aware of the financial arguments selfishly put forward by the teams currently in the Prem, but the game needs a much broader base than it has at present. Any previous arguments that the current set-up would result in Scottish teams achieving at a higher level in Europe have surely been long-since blown out of the water.
                                  Perhaps I'm out of step with the general mood, but I think fans up here would embrace the expanded leagues.

Comment

Tickets go on sale at midday. I'm getting myself ready...

Comment

On an international note, it's important to note the 7-3 victory in the play-off in the Danish Second Division (third tier) which destroyed the dreams of Kjellerup (well, not up, evidently), who got blown away by Middelfart.

Comment

Not the most open game, this.

Comment

Lovely goal.

Comment

Lovely pass, what a cool head

Comment

Jesus, Sir Doug was putting the dead to Deadly just then.
                                              Last edited by Benjm; 26-05-2018, 18:39. Reason: Never post from phone in pub

Comment

Cunt’s challenge from Grealish, should be off.

Comment

That sucks. (Odoi's sending off)

Matters not - Fulham win it anyway.
                                                  Last edited by Cal Alamein; 26-05-2018, 17:58.

Comment

Aw, that’s nice. Fulham are lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X