The new WSC with a diver on the cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with a diver on the cover

I get to start one of these threads... and Clarets are mentioned on the front cover. I think that is twice now, ever, that we've been there. Soon be catching The Likes Of Lincoln.

I assume that's Sam from these parts with the Argentina article? I haven't read any of it yet, but looking forward to doing so.

Comment

Did my shirt story make the cut?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Hooray. It was left out last month as a suitable picture couldn't be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
            I assume that's Sam from these parts with the Argentina article? I haven't read any of it yet, but looking forward to doing so.
            It is yeah. Three months in the making, that article.

Comment

Got my Barnet piece in as well, superbly edited to make it look coherent.

Comment

WSC arrives and I rip open the plastic envelope and devour it. And then forget entirely about it for the next four weeks. Then someone posts on here that a new edition is out and my skull itches in anticipation and frustration for two or three days. Thanks folks!

Comment

@Sam: I enjoyed reading your piece, thanks (and well done to all those OFTers on here who’ve contributed to issue #375, have only had time to read a few articles).

The Tevez story (spotted when he was only 5) reminded me of a telling anecdote in the excellent Every boy’s dream (Chris Green, 2009) of a boy wearing a nappy underneath his shorts…

(page 54: There is a story of a prominent Premier League club coaching a boy who, when he bent down, was clearly wearing a nappy underneath this shorts. Not yet able to control his bowel movements but, hey, what does that matter if he can trap a football?)

Comment

Not too far off my experience too, Aitch- now i'm a subscriber again (wahey-£2 off a Strelka and Bielka t-shirt!) I usually read the short bits at the front, the season in brief at the back, the letters and then either carry it to and from work for 3 weeks, forgetting it's in my bag or leave it at one or other side of the bed, buried under Guardians and books

Comment

My piece is in there too. Looks like this issue is an OTF special.

Comment

Perhaps nobody outside of here writes for it or reads it, and it's regressing to its fanzine roots?

Comment

So they're going to end subscriptions and start flogging outside football grounds, I guess.

Comment

Ha ha, well, I was feeling pretty special with my two page spread on rapacious academies until I came on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                              (wahey-£2 off a Strelka and Bielka t-shirt!)
                              Space dogs! That's the best WSC tournament t shirt since the Portugal 2004 number.

I've a lot of sympathy for imp's non-participation approach to the tournament but it'll be a wrench to turn my back on that shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                Space dogs! That's the best WSC tournament t shirt since the Portugal 2004 number.
                                Did they have to wear those cones to stop them scratching themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                  Did they have to wear those cones to stop them scratching themselves?
                                  You just don't understand space dog culture.

Comment

Originally posted by denishurley View Post
                                    Hooray. It was left out last month as a suitable picture couldn't be found.
                                    Found one, with the help of members on loftforwords.

Comment

Just had to ask them to resend it for the third time in six months. Something's up with the post round here.

Comment

Ah, 08/09 in League Two as the season in brief.

I get made redundant from a job I absolutely adore, the boss laughs in my face when I ask him for help in keeping me on, an undiagnosed breakdown begins, Bury miss out on automatic promotion by one goal and then eff up the play-offs versus Shrews, all in the space of one month. Memories!

Comment

Fuck sake, that was the season Leicester went down from the second tier. If you'd won the playoffs I could have gone to Gigg Lane the following season. Inconsiderate.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that the WSC orders department always responds swiftly and effectively when I tell them my magazine has gone missing, hats off to Ffion and the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                            Ah, 08/09 in League Two as the season in brief.

I get made redundant from a job I absolutely adore, the boss laughs in my face when I ask him for help in keeping me on, an undiagnosed breakdown begins, Bury miss out on automatic promotion by one goal and then eff up the play-offs versus Shrews, all in the space of one month. Memories!
                                            That was the year Shrewsbury scraped into the play offs despite having the ninth highest number of earned points and then lost to a 90th minute goal at Wembley. Which fucking sucked.

Comment

And again...

Comment

The diver has hit the deck, almost two weeks after this thread was started.

Comment

Shouldn't it be two divers on the cover?

Season in review was a chiller - 4 clubs deducted points.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X