Late April London 'Thon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Toby is not really called Toby which I find disconcerting.
    To be fair, you're not really called delicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
      Well, as a weekend thing we could maybe do a mini Greenwich 'thon. AE, GY, yourself, steve9e (is he still out Canary Wharf way?) and yours truly?
      Sounds good to me. Stev9e is Poplar way judging by his Xpert Eleven team name.

Comment

That was lovely, thanks all.

Now for the hard part (getting up).

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
          Looks like I won't be coming.
          Sorry we missed you, hobbes. The youth must almost be old enough to park in the car with a bottle of Vimto, a bag of crisps and a never-did-me-any-harm lecture. Obviously you wouldn't want to drive there and back but we could club together for a Zipcar, or just use a random vehicle, Bishop of Southwark style.

Toby's convenient time/place thing is another possibility of course...

Comment

How can you be so perky?

Comment

Almost certainly a false dawn!

Comment

Sorry hobbes couldn't make it, I remember he was disappointed to miss the last one so I was keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Hopefully next time.
                Perils of marrying a high-powered exec, I'm afraid. She wasn't home until 01:30 on Tuesday and Midnight last night. I never know in advance either, so I spend a lot of time on my own, not doing things because she might be home any time (quiet at the back, I don't mean wanking) then calling her around 11:30 to remind her to come home. I shit you not, she genuinely said to me at midnight on Tuesday "shit sorry, I thought it was only about nine o'clock." Because that's absolutely normal.

So I'm left with alternate Thursdays (guitar lesson the other one) as Friday is our date night. Then the weekend is catching up on sleep as I can't get my head down unless I know she's home safe.

Still, it's not as bad as it used to be. I often get to see her these days. She's seldom home after 21:00 any more. Before the cub came along, I could go a couple of months only seeing her for an hour here and there when she got in at night.

Comment

Working...
                X