No announcement yet.

Georgia On My Mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d like Fowler to win this, of the current top group. But don’t expect it.

Comment

I don't know enough about golf to know why Speith isn't liked, but his is a thrilling round.

Comment

Did we cover how amazing Finau’s Masters has been in the light of this injury earlier in the week?

Comment

My problem with Spieth is how slow he plays. It’s boring to watch (unless - like today - it’s intercut with loads of other golfers). But, even worse, it’s a terrible example for all us weekend hackers, people who try and emulate Spieth and take forever over their 110 shots lining them up, stepping back, changing minds and clubs... clogging up courses. I don’t know why others dislike him.

Comment

Interesting NYT piece on how "data" can add to that curse.

“I see these guys bringing out a book when they get on the green to look where to putt. I find this really hard to believe,” the three-time Masters champion Gary Player said, adding: “You put me on any course in the world, I can read the putt as well as if I played there 10 times. I’m a professional golfer. It’s something I have to be able to do.”

Comment

Staggering putt from Spieth on 16!

Comment

Blimey, that 16th hole.

Comment

Jeez! Spieth was 9 shots adrift this morning.

Rahm looks out of contention now after finding the water. 16th I think. Correction, 14th.
                  Last edited by Jon; 08-04-2018, 21:52.

Comment

Spieth might not have done enough now though.

Comment

I don’t want Spieth to win, but if he does win it’ll be well deserved.

Comment

Terrific round by Speith but probably too little too late,Fowler the only one left with a chance of catching Reed unless the latter blows up

Comment

Have we mentioned the Kerry GAA jersey in the crowd at the 16th tee, and that Rickie Fowler is clearly an a EastEnders character?

Comment

Reed's playing so well. Like you said, fowler's in with a chance but I can only see reed winning this.

Comment

There's the fella.

Comment

Good spot, kev.

Comment

Last hole par to win for Reed. He's been nerveless...will he blow it?

Comment

Yes, how can he be so nerveless and yet at the same time look so uncomfortable in that polo shirt which he keeps hoiking up.

Comment

Alliss has chosen the climax of the tournament to go in to complete blathering bollocks overdrive, back to Sky.

Comment

Ah well, I was looking forward to Fowler attempting to carry off the green jacket with those trousers but Reed deserved that, however ragged he looked for much of today’s round.

Comment

Is this the golf thread?

The latest European Tour event is a strange hybrid of stroke play and matchplay. Top 64 strokeplayers make it through to the matchplay phase. I like it, except that 11 players finished tied with only 8 places. I'd have thought there could have been some sort of tie-break rule- most eagles, most birdies, something like that, but apparently not. 11 players went off (in groups of 6 and 5). It's taking ages, and still going, on the third extra hole, with 6 going for 5 places, and getting dark and cold. In fairness to the players involved, they've had a proper go and not just waited for mistakes. Even so, it's the most absurd play off since 1999 Carnoustie.

Comment

That play off lasted an hour and a half.

It's quite neat that even the bloke who took the last qualifying spot with a bogey on the 3rd extra hole can still win the tournament.

Comment

In this weekend's PGA Tour event, Marc Leishman leads at 15 under (127 for 36 holes). -4 gets you something like a tie for 52nd.

It's being played in Texas, so perhaps the ghost of Mike Souchak is looking on approvingly.

Comment

In the last five years, the winner with the highest score was 12 under.

Comment

Dartboard.

Comment

This weekend's winner on tour, Aaron Wise, is 21. It's probably only the fact that so many guys take a golf scholarship to a US college that is preventing a proliferation of teenaged winners.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X