Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Jordan Henderson has lovely tidy hair.
    I'd have agreed with you until I saw the Borstal special he sported against Watford.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say it played a big part in him getting sent off. Joyrider chic is no way to remind referees that you have nearly 50 caps, and as such have a special dispensation from receiving second yellow cards. I mean the ref doesn't want to spoil the game by not showing common sense does he?
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 27-11-2018, 17:25.

Comment

More weirdness. Quite brilliant analysis. https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/1067903307635666946

Comment

I am very much enjoying the whining about playacting from the former home of Luis Suarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            I am very much enjoying the whining about playacting from the former home of Luis Suarez.
            It's gone on longer than that... Michael Owen certainly knew how to "buy" a penalty or two.

Comment

Phil Thompson was on remarkable form on Sky before the game opining that it was a huge day for the city because Liverpool were in town and the players would have picked up on the atmosphere around town the past few days.

That’s the thing about Paris, it’s not used to an occasion.

Comment

If I were you I'd stop listening to anything Phil Thompson says.

Comment

Even EIM must approve of this

Comment

Lovely.

Good thing Leeds don't get to play in europe no more hey

Comment

Chelsea still do tho'

Comment

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/1071484877218988035

Comment

Christ.

Comment

It makes the inevitable collapse even funnier

Comment

Saw a chap tweet archive footage of Liverpool on an open top bus with the caption "too soon?" today.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                It makes the inevitable collapse even funnier
                                Surely not as funny as This?

Comment

Saint Brendan of the Hubris.

Comment

I fully expect to turn 50 and still the title remaining a chimera. I’m 42.
                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 09-12-2018, 01:50.

Comment

Liverpool are a point ahead and only 42% of the games have been played.

Comment

So, Chelsea V Liverpool tomorrow at Anfield. I thought I'd take a look at RAWK (I know, I know) to gauge the mood, looked at the match thread and found that an old, pre-Champions League clash rallying cry had been posted. It's truly a masterpiece of the genre. Enjoy:

T'was the night before Chelsea,
                                        And all round the land,
                                        True reds were stirring,
                                        No mightier band!

The scarves were hung by the front door, with care,
                                        With prayers that Madrid, we would be there.
                                        The Kopites not resting, tossing in bed,
                                        While visions of Glory ran through their heads.

And Ma in her red top, and I in my cap,
                                        Much too restless for a Champions League nap,
                                        When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
                                        I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
                                        Away to the window, I flew like a flash,
                                        Tore open the shutters and ruby red sash.

The spring sun setting with a red delight glow,
                                        Hinted and promised of the 'morrow we'd know.

When what to my wandering eyes should appear,
                                        But a Liver Bird, with disciples at rear!
                                        Whose little old leader so lively, so quick,
                                        I knew in a moment was Shankly, to wit.

And out of his mouth, the legends they came,
                                        And he whistled and shouted as he called them by name.
                                        "Now Paisley, Now Fagan, Now Liddell, Now Scott.
                                        Oh Stubbins and Emlyn, those Kings of the Kop!"

"We are the red men, the Kings of them all!
                                        The Chelsea, The Chelsea, The Chelsea will fall!"
                                        As footsteps that walk while the hurricane flies,
                                        Never alone, under golden skies.

So up to the heavens, the legends they flew,
                                        With arms full of trophies, and Shankly with two!
                                        And then in an instant, I heard on the roof,
                                        The dancing and calling of someone aloof.

As I waved with each hand, my mood of astound,
                                        Then down the chimney Billy Shankly abounds!
                                        Dressed in his bestest, from his head to his foot,
                                        His clothes, all a gleaming, a heavenly cut!

A sack full of medals was flung on his back,
                                        And one blue and empty for what Everton lacked!

His eyes- how they twinkled, his smile so merry,
                                        His cheeks red like roses, off the Merseyside ferry.

He looked happy and gleeful and pleased with himself,
                                        A tear when I saw him, inspite of myself.

A wink of his eye, and a nod of his head,
                                        Soon I was sure I had nothing to dread.

He said not a word, but spoke straight form heaven.
                                        And emptied his stocking : medals, F.A., Eleven!

And laying his finger aside of his nose,
                                        And giving a nod up the chimney he rose.

He called to the legends, to his team gave a whistle,
                                        And gone this Scot rose, though man made of thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, as he rose out of sight,
                                        "The Chelsea will fall! For all reds - a good night!".
                                        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 13-04-2019, 20:05.

Comment

Oh, this thread... Any gifs of the Robertson slip?

Comment

Would any LIverpool (or any other, come to that) fans care to comment on Souness and his legacy/bad smell?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ness-liverpool

Comment

I really didn't realise that the interview came out on the third anniversary of Hillsborough. How did he last another two years? BTW, check out the side bar on the front page of the sun in that picture. That discussion of how the club was still interacting with the sun for several years is quite interesting. I wonder how much of the relationship between Souness and Liverpool fans is coloured by him being a combination of the worst elements of Moyes and Mourinho at man utd.

Comment

From the article:

Mike Ellis, who was then the Sun’s Merseyside football correspondent, was never ostracised and Souness claimed Ian Rush and Tommy Smith, both Liverpool legends, had public dealings with its reporters without any reprisals. Ellis had retained a direct line to the top of the club

I never heard of Ellis but unless he came out with deliberate lies in his columns at the time then I suppose you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ian Rush...no comment. Tommy Smith was a racist and a bully but as far as I know there were no blacks killed at Hillsborough so that's him in the clear...

By the way. is there any concrete data for the Sun's circulation numbers on Merseyside? We're always being told that it's newspaper non grata but is this really true?

Comment

It's interesting.

The ABC collects regional data, and makes it available to members/subscribers, but appears never to reference it in its public releases.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/nz8ez8/liverpool-vs-the-sun-how-the-city-rid-itself-of-the-uks-biggest-paper]This Vice piece estimated that it is 10,000 copies a day (and that it fell from 524,000 to 320,000 immediately after "The Truth"[/url]

Comment

I've been meaning to ask, when did this "Red Men" thing catch on so much with Liverpool supporters? It's utterly appalling and I don't think I saw any widespread use until relatively recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X