To curse or not to curse: Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To curse or not to curse: Weekend matchgoing

I have a dilema. Everytime I've seen a team that I follow in a match where the winner goes to Wembley, that team loses out. On Saturday Wealdstone take on Brackley in the FA Trohpy semi-final second leg. The winner over the two games goes to Wembley. I want Wealdstone to go to Wembley. So, to give the Stones a chance, I'll probably go to:

Rayners Lane v St. Neots Town Reserves.

Sai Gon FC 1 - 2 Ho Chi Minh City FC

Brave port workers vanquish pathetic franchise side with two late goals to one. Uncle Ho smashes capitalism from beyond the grave with the help of languid former Port Vale midfielder Tavares.

Comment

Young Utrecht against Young PSV in the Jupiler League, also known as the First Division, properly known as the second tier of Dutch football. With no Eredivisie matches this weekend I'm hoping for a good turn out of first team players on both sides. Young Utrecht are currently bottom of the division with just 17 points from 30 games. Fortunately there is no relegation this season as the Dutch FA is mulling over yet another rejig of its competitions.
      Last edited by Aitch; 23-03-2018, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
        Sai Gon FC 1 - 2 Ho Chi Minh City FC

Brave port workers vanquish pathetic franchise side with two late goals to one. Uncle Ho smashes capitalism from beyond the grave with the help of languid former Port Vale midfielder Tavares.
        Heaven must be missing an angel.

Comment

A handily located pair of social events has placed me conveniently to be able to go see Wingate & Finchley v. Tonbridge Angels, all being well.

Comment

I’ll be rattling up the M6 for the mid table fourth division stodge that is Carlisle v Cambridge. One of our two CUFC derbies.

If we win, our slim chance of sniffing the arse of the teams in the playoff spots is back on, if we lose I think that hope will be snuffed out. So it’ll be a draw then.

Comment

Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory this Sunday. Glory currently 4 points behind Western Sydney who occupy the 6th & final spot for the Finals play-off, so defeat here should end their season. Been along to Glory's previous 2 home games where they beat Melbourne City and Central Coast Mariners respectively, so hopes among the faithful are high.

Taking my wee man along for his first Glory game, although he did see Glory Women in last year's Grand Final.

24 hours later we'll be back at the same stadium as the Matildas take on Thailand in a friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory
                That is one hell of an away fixture. One thousand seven hundred miles! Roughly the same (according to my Google Fu) as Arsenal playing Ankara or Millwall against Murmansk. I hope the kick off is at a reasonable time for the Victory supporters.

Comment

London Welsh v Actonians in Herts/Middlesex 1. Welsh are already promoted to the eighth tier (hopefully as the first step in what will be a long journey back up the league) and a win on Saturday would clinch the title.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-03-2018, 12:08.

Comment

Wigan at home. Expecting a humping.

Comment

It's not all bad then...

Comment

Planning on going to Gresley vs Sheffield in Evo-Stik Division 1 South on Saturday.

Sunday is PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 65 - Have Some Faith In The Sound.

Comment

The poetic-sounding Mursley United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

Comment

Ah well. The first half was a random mid-field murmuration. The second had a bit more intent about it but Utrecht still played like a team that knew it would lose and end the season bottom of the division. Such a lacklustre display against a well organised PSV would have only one outcome. Utrecht lost 4-1. Got home just in time to see the last 15 minutes of Holland v England. Before the match the police picked up about 100 drunk and disorderly England fans in the Amsterdam red light district. No change there then.
                            Last edited by Aitch; 24-03-2018, 08:12.

Comment

Shrewsbury v Wimbledon.

A good chance for the Dons to get something out of this game seeing as our midfield 3 are 2/3 down.

We'll probably change formation to accommodate the missing and superbly consistent Godfrey and Ogogo, who are injured and suspended respectively. Perhaps a 3-5-2, or a 4-4-2.

Actually, I've no idea and I doubt nobody outside of Shrewsbury (and South Wales and somewhere in Glous) gives a shit.
                              Last edited by NickSTFU; 24-03-2018, 11:05.

Comment

Beers that you are drinking on the way to a game that make sense of someone’s username.

No. 1 in a series of not that many.

Comment

Brigg Town v Glasshoughton Welfare. Last place plays eighth in whatever fucking league it is they're in - the Brigg Town website just says Division One, but Division One of what kind of super-glue? Was contemplating Cleethorpes Town v Loughborough Armory in the Evo-Stik South, but that's 11th v 13th - there's no fun in that at this stage of the season.

Comment

Ha ha, fucking hell. Cotleigh?

No match today, on a Camra crawl in Nottingham. Just done the Trip, now on stout in the Salutation.

Comment

The Salutation on a Camra crawl? Things have moved on. It was a Whitbread pub when I was there and one of the few pubs where real ale was not available. That was 40 years ago mind.

Comment

Yup, has eight real ales and a couple of ciders on. Good staff as well, they let us go for a look in the caves under the pub.

Comment

Kick off just before three. Good.

Comment

Lane take the lead from a corner. It's not very warm...

Comment

They appear to have taken the roof off the token bit of covering since I was last here. What are the grading regulations for step 6?

Comment

Another Lane goal from a corner, this time from a cleverly worked short one.

Comment

When did the law that there has to be an injury after about half an hour so that the players can have a drink come in?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X