HELP! - iPhone advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! - iPhone advice needed

Without letting me know, my 14 year old daughter has managed to change her passcode for her phone, forget it, and then disable it making too many attempts to get it right.

There are notes on it that appear to not be backed up and are very precious to her so is there any software (or dubious shop or business) that can get back in to it without losing the data on it? Not bothered about invalidating warranties or similar. It’s on my business’s mobile phone contract if that gives me any options?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Edit : Any tech help getting the typo in the title altered by changing the comma for an exclamation mark would be a minor bonus too.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-03-2018, 23:10.

Did she change the code on purpose? I'm just wondering if she thinks about why she went to change the code, that might remind her of what the new code might be?

Also, are you sure that there weren't any icloud backups done? It's possible to reset the phone to factory settings to reset the code, but that obviously wipes out the phone. I'm just hoping that there may have been some iCloud backups done in the background that you weren't aware of. Was the phone on your Apple ID or her own?

Comment

Having never had an iPhone, all I can suggest is looking at iLounge and noting that in New York, an established, but still dubious, shop would have an answer.

Comment

My email app is telling me I have 36 unread emails but I don't. Can't get rid of the notification and it's killing me.

Comment

Aren't you still in Hong Kong?

There must be a cart on every corner that can fix this.

Comment

For the next few hours, aye. Off to ride some hot funicular action before I ship out to Nam.

I could probably fix it myself, but I'm on holiday and resent doing anything more stressful than the breakfast buffet. They included broccoli and chicken nuggets today. What the fuck, Hong Kong?!

Comment

Ray, is there any chance that she backed the data up (maybe via iTunes or iCloud)?

Comment

I can't vouch for this and it may be well dodgy, but something like this? http://www.jihosoft.com/ios-recovery...hone-ipad.html

(The questions below are good "My boyfriend is cheating on me, how can I get the data off his phone")

Comment

Even ignoring the questionable provenance, it seems to only purport to work if there was a local backup (and only on older devices anyway).

As far as I know there's no generally available way to bypass the lock for modern iOS devices. It was pretty big news just the other day that someone was offering a way to do it to law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Ray, is there any chance that she backed the data up (maybe via iTunes or iCloud)?

Some of it is, what she put in the Notes app is the issue. Her iCloud only shows a couple of notes which were both hyperlinks she saved there. All the others where she actually wrote something seem to be missing. A few people have told me that may be because Notes are automatically synched to the phone's e-mail account now and may be retrievable via that.

I was trying to see if there was any other option to retrieve or back up data with the phone disabled before taking the nuclear option of a factory reset. I've looked at a couple of items of software (similar to ad hoc's link above) and some other advice online but none of it seems to do the job for us. I'm trying one more dodgy phone shop for advice then bringing it in to the millennials in the office tomorrow to have a go at the e-mail retrieval mentioned above as they claim to have done similar before.

Comment

My son did this once. After he'd freaked out and calmed down again, we tried Inca's idea of walking him through the process of 'what were you thinking when you reset it?* Was it someone's birthday or a series of numbers or a...etc'.

No, turns out it was something 'fast' like 131313 or 464646 or 191919. Regardless, he couldn't crack his own code and we had to eventually blank the whole fucking thing. Now we're all synced and backed up and whatever. Mrs WOM handles all that, as I'd murder them all if I had to. No matter how many times you tell them not to 'X', doing 'X' becomes the most compelling thing ever.

*not to be confused with the 'what the actual fuck were you thinking, man?'

Comment

I saw an app that could be dodgy, but in case you want to explore all options, Google iMyFone.

Actually, it has a cnet review, so maybe it isn't too dodgy.

http://download.cnet.com/iMyfone-Dat...-76450399.html

Comment

Working...
                        X