Champions League quarter finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
    Eder won something for his country, not Ronaldo.

There's far more to winning a tournament than scoring the winning goal.

Comment

The last few minutes where everyone was trying to set up a hattrick for CRonaldo reminded me of the second half of our first ever game at Underhill. Deadly Don Page had managed to score twice in the first half kicking up the slope. Shaun Goodwin spent the entire second half setting Deadly up for his third. Eventually he suceeded in bouncing a cross off Don's shin. I have no idea if he ever scored another hattrick...

Comment

Comment

He's no Ashley Barnes.

Comment

Not a bad goal, but not as good as Emre Can's last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              I totally agree it should be and probably was, I’m just obsessing about a minor point of procedure I didn’t see. My boy assured me he saw a second yellow, mind.
              L
              I wasn't being cranky with you. Just thinking unkind thoughts about Nani getting a red card. I was chatting with Garcia at the start of the game, and was saying that Juventus needed to get two goals immediately, or they'd run out of puff after about half an hour and the second half would get ugly. That wasn't some kind of soothsaying on my part. You could see it on the faces of the juventus players. Letting in a goal in the first five minutes was pretty much the worst case scenario for a team as unathletic as juventus. You could also see that they knew they were fucked. In order for them to move the ball around they had to be operating near the upper limits of their ability, where as Real madrid were at their ease. They needed to score those chances from set pieces, because they weren't really going to manufacture much in the way of chances.

It's a pity that spurs fucked it up so badly, because a 3rd minute goal for real madrid would just have meant that Real were in for 90 minutes of running around, quite a lot. That game tonight was over after the first goal.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                I watched the Seville Munich game. You can never truly appreciate Lineker, Shearer and Jenas until you've watched the half-time analysis on BT Sport 3, hosted by Patrick Kielty with support from Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves.
                Well on the other BT channel you had Rio Ferdinand, and Frank Lampard doing his latest audition to be David Cameron. Lampard's accent is hilarious btw. I bet he has a different accent for when he's at home. He's clinging onto his man of the people roots, like Henry Kissenger still sounds like he's just got off the boat. Check out the School he went to. He was in the same year as jodie marsh, but look at some of the other old brentwoodians.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  Well on the other BT channel you had Rio Ferdinand, and Frank Lampard doing his latest audition to be David Cameron. Lampard's accent is hilarious btw. I bet he has a different accent for when he's at home. He's clinging onto his man of the people roots, like Henry Kissenger still sounds like he's just got off the boat. Check out the School he went to. He was in the same year as jodie marsh, but look at some of the other old brentwoodians.
                  It's a shame we can't retweet posts, cos that is a belter.

Comment

I went there. It's not really a posh school, it's mainly full of the offspring of East Londoners who've made some cash. Barry Hearn's daughter was there when I was, for example.

My classmate Ed Woodward has been omitted from the list, I notice.
                    Last edited by Hot Orange; 03-04-2018, 21:54.

Comment

Proof, if any were needed, that my son takes after his mum when it comes to watching football matches. Even after several replays of the Ronaldo bicycle kick goal and numerous shouts of delight from me while sitting next to him on the settee, he still never once lifts his eyes from his mobile phone.

It's not been mentioned but Sergio Ramos has got his suspension out of the way for the second leg, meaning he'll be back for the semi-final. Yay!

I'm glad Michael Owen is being relegated to the "kielty games". Serves him right for cheering so hard when barca when they made that comeback against psg last year. (it's going to be a long time before I let that one lie).

Comment

I went there. It's not really a posh school, it's mainly full of the offspring of East Londoners who've made some cash. Barry Hearn's daughter was there when I was, for example.

Three words, Indoor Rifle range.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          My sort-of ex-girlfriend - actually, scrub that, she didn't like me as much as I liked her - went there too.

As you were.

Comment

Three words, Indoor Rifle range.
                            Don't all schools have one of them?

Comment

we didn't have an indoor toilet. Or a fire escape either. (How the fuck was any of this remotely legal?)

Comment

Did you get to meet douglas Adams at any point?

Comment

He was a bit before my time. I did meet young Frank, though. Well, I once threw him out of a building at lunchtime.

Comment

Please tell me that it was through a window

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                      it's mainly full of the offspring of East Londoners who've made some cash.
                                      Indoor Rifle range.
                                      Um. Couldn't they have got that sort of thing at home?

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 04-04-2018, 08:42.

Comment

I once scored a goal like that, and I am the worst person-who-occasionally-plays-football I know. Because of that overhead kick I scored, however, I'm always significantly less enthusiastic about such goals than most. I thought the first one was better.

Comment

It's not a good sign for the competitiveness of the competition when a team can fanny about at 3-0 up in the first leg.

Comment

So are Juventus any good or not?

Comment

Yes and no. They're well organized and have many good things going for them, but play in a league with a lower physical and technical standard, and can't really deal with opponents who can run around. They've always been set up to dominate domestically while generally struggling abroad. If they were interested in doing well in europe, they would have younger players, who can run around more.

Comment

Which is why I'm puzzled by Emre Can's apparent continuing desire to play for them over anyone else; basically he'd be a younger Sami Khedira.

Not to say that I don't (necessarily) understand him wanting to broaden his horizons (read: win things) but it seems a strange choice.

Comment

Emre Can is as slow as a wet week. He would look like Lothar mattheus in italy.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                                    My sort-of ex-girlfriend - actually, scrub that, she didn't like me as much as I liked her - went there too.

As you were.
                                                    So, someone you was stalking, then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X