X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravens flee the Tower of London! Weekend matchgoing thread

I'm going to a game on Saturday!

Darlo v Nth Ferriby Utd.

Northampton Town v Rotherham United. St. Patrick's day fun...

Comment

Friday - Kells v Toronto, RL Challenge Cup
      Saturday - Carlisle v Crawley, 10th v 12th in a mid table clash

Comment

Had hoped to get to watch Dresdner SC on Saturday at the Heinz-Steyer-Stadion... but now we're travelling east on Saturday, instead of tomorrow as originally planned, and we won't arrive in the city until after kick-off. So, yeah, bugger.

Comment

My, I hadn't realised that they had fallen all the way down to the Landesklasse.

There was a point in the early 2000s when they were a genuine alternative to Dynamo.

Comment

At home against Sligo Rovers,after a promising start,three 1 nil defeats in a row means that a win,while not yet essential,would be more than welcome

Comment

oops
              Last edited by Capybara; 15-03-2018, 13:38.

Comment

To Griffin Park to see my heroes take on the locals. We have a ridiculous record against Brentford - nine wins and one draw in the last ten - and we're on a run, of sorts. Brentford will be demoralised having seen their playoff hopes all but disappear in midweek. Home win.

edit: and I want to go to the Heinz-Steyer-Stadion.

Comment

Will probably watch some 6 Nations. I'm going to see a mate who has just given bone marrow and is zonked as a result. But I think he'd like to watch it.

Comment

I'm going to the San Siro.

However, despite my best efforts, this is unlikely to coincide with the Milan vs Chievo match.

Comment

Sunday afternoon - Leicester 1 Chelsea 2 - then a slow trudge home on a Sunday evening on the M1.

Comment

Pah.

Reference to the "Teacup" thread suggests I might not be…

Comment

Snake, the Museum is interesting and the tour isn’t bad.

Which might well not be the case for Milan-Chievo.

If you want an old school experience, take the tram instead of the tube one way.

Comment

Wales v France in the Six Nations finale. If Sunday afternoon is quiet at home I may go along to add my support to Dulwich Hamlet as they host Worthing at Tooting & Mitcham's Imperial Fields ground. Off to Arsenal v Milan tonight as mentioned in last weekend's elongated thread.

Comment

It's the Scottish groundhop this weekend, weather permitting. It's starts tomorrow evening in Lockerbie, where Mid-Annandale play Lochmaben on a 3G pitch that flooded last time I tried to watch a game there. Then it's Burntisland Shipyard, Kelty Hearts, Herriot Watt University and Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale on Saturday. The Sunday game is at Peebles, where I've been before, so I'll probably go to one of the Challenge Cup games in Cumbria.

Comment

Off to Sai Gon FC v Ho Chi Minh City FC next Wednesday. The big one.

Comment

Carlisle v Crawley

I’m trying to work out how I can crowbar a reference to the 2005 Champions League final into any abuse I shout at the back of Harry Kewell’s head.

Comment

Contemplating Bromley v Gateshead in the FA Trophy semi-final, but suspect that given it's a first leg tie it might be disappointingly cagey, so may make do with a short stroll along to see Lewisham Borough's latest defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                      Bromley v Gateshead in the FA Trophy semi-final
                                      Ah, that answers a question that I'd forgotten to ask...

Comment

Old Bradwell United v Mursley United is the obvious local game to get to, but the forecast is not good and neither is the drainage at Old Bradwell’s ground. North Bucks’ heavy clay soil doesn’t deal well with the amount of rain there’s been - another Step 7 MK side, Clean Slate, already have several weeks of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday fixtures (no floodlights, so the midweek games kick off by 6.30pm, typically with a short half time). It’s very tough for grassroots clubs.

Comment

I was hoping to go to Cadca vs Martin in the Slovak 3rd league central, but, as with Furtho, I suspect that plan will fall victim to the weather. The rain's been torrential today. Cadca is a miserable little Slovak/Czech/Polish border town, not the sort of place I'd want to be at a loose end in for anymore than about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            . Off to Arsenal v Milan tonight as mentioned in last weekend's elongated thread.
                                            Out of interest, how did you get a ticket for that? I looked on the Arsenal website and it put me off bothering, even though I was in London with work.

Comment

I got offered some freebies in a box through a work contact. I had got the impression that the take up for tickets was low but there was actually a relatively decent crowd there.

I was surprised to see Nigel Winterburn, Ray Parlour and (a very sharply dressed) Perry Groves across the aisle from us for the first half but only the former came back for the second half. I presumed the other two had some kind of hosting gig before kick off and at half time but could then piss off home, Parlour did exactly the same when he was sat a few seats away from me at the Cup semi-final last season with Trevor Sinclair.

Comment

I was on my way to Mansfield to watch whatever step 11 cack had survived the weather.

As everyone knows, Australia invented mindless racism, but Mansfield has spent the last three decades crafting it into a fine art.

However, rolling up at the station the 0555 Hebden - Leeds was formed of this little blighter.

That's right, Taggart Rail in the Calder Valley. So I thought, why don't I go to Scotland, rather than mingling with those picket line crossing donkey jacket wearers of the North Midlands.

So I am now on the 0710 Leeds - Aberdeen with a train load of gimptons in those fucking atrocious Guinness hats.

Except I've now realised that there is a groundhop on this weekend in Fife. So I am doing everything in my means to get an itinerary that prevents any possible chance of straying across the path of those autistic sex cases.

A happy occurrence is that the equalities training I was on in Huddersfield yesterday finished at half one, so it was an easy decamp to the Navigation Inn at Mirfield where we could laugh at deep rooted misogyny about how HR was only invented so women could wear business suits whilst dreaming about cup cakes and kittens. Untappd tells me that this carried on for another 14 pints of White Prussian, which coupled with two hours of sleep, means I am still absolutely steaming.

This means I might actually go to Burntisland Shipyard, even just as a recognisance mission for Operation Yewtree.

Comment

Seems more than a tad harsh on Southport Zeb

Comment

Working...
                                                  X