No announcement yet.

RIP Stephen Hawking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to edit the thread title, so I will just have to continue being jarringly facile. I usually am that anyway.

Comment

Sorry, that must have seemed needlessly personal and was entirely unintentional. I meant it in a much more general way and based on the comments I've seen on social media.

I shouldn't post on here when I'm up at 3.30am to deal with Australians for work.

Comment

No worries, RdG. But I do wonder why we are unable to edit thread titles on here. I thought we could on the old board.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
          No worries, RdG. But I do wonder why we are unable to edit thread titles on here. I thought we could on the old board.
          Small price to pay, though, for the overall improvement in board software experience.

Comment

No argument there, Wouter.

Comment

No argument there, Wouter.
              I never finished A Brief History of Time. I did like that Eddie Redmayne movie.

From the quotes of his that get passes around, he didn’t really “get” religion, but I couldn’t blame him given the state of religion in the world right
              now and, in any event, I suspect he wasn’t much better read and nuanced on the topic, so I don’t have anything intelligent to say about that.

I feel bad.

Comment

That will come when v5 is Alive. Hopefully.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                    From the quotes of his that get passes around, he didn’t really “get” religion, but I couldn’t blame him given the state of religion in the world right now and, in any event, I suspect he wasn’t much better read and nuanced on the topic, so I don’t have anything intelligent to say about that.
                    In the early 80s I attended a church sort of summer camp thing with SH’s son, so presumably he was cool about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X