Panini sticker album

It's out now.

Packs up from 50p to 80p.

What. The. Fuck.

Comment

Also available in paperless?
      http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/...world-cup.html

Comment

I saw that price hike. I was already boycotting but it's still fucking shocking.

Comment

Oh jeez. My son expressed an interest last night and I thought I'd check this thread before venturing out to the shops today.

Comment

80p is harsh. I'm probably still going to do it, but 80p. 80p.

Comment

How much are they in euroland?

Comment

£100 completion cost. If you're perfect at swaps. So more like £400 I guess.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.
                Last edited by Kevin S; 27-03-2018, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowlesy View Post
                  Packs up from 50p to 80p.

What. The. Fuck.
                  Indeed. If you're going to collect stickers, go with the brilliant tschuttiheftli. Beautiful, creative stickers and all proceeds to good football causes.

Edit: And here's a link to where you can buy the album in the UK.
                  Last edited by imp; 28-03-2018, 15:07.

Comment

I haven't seen a single kid swapping them at school, so far.

Comment

I've been swapping them with my mate's kids, if that counts.

Comment

Incan, when did Panini sticker albums make their way to the US? I have no memory of them in 2006. I'm sure you could get them from a hobby shop, or maybe those lonely independent soccer stores that used to (and sometimes still do) exist in big cities, but I assume now you can find them reasonably easily.

Comment

They expanded into basketballl and gridiron cards around 2010 and the sticker albums followed as their distribution expanded

Comment

They used to do baseball sticker albums when I was a kid, from what I recall.

Comment

Looks like they did in the late 80s and early 90s, though I honestly don't recall having seen them in the wild at that time.

Topps had tried that format around 1980 too.

Comment

May I alert you to the low budget, genius indie version of Panini stickers?

Hi.

We're Alex & Sian - aka Panini Cheapskates - and we're attempting to draw every single 2018 World Cup Panini football sticker, to raise money for some really great causes. We'll be starting the day the tournament starts (June 14th 2018) and are aiming to finish by the time the Final kicks off 32 days later. There are 680 stickers to draw, each one takes about 15 minutes, so there's about 170 hours of drawing to be done, by two people, in a month.

Also: we can't draw. And have a baby to look after. Look, it's a terrible idea. We know.
                                https://paninicheapskates.wordpress....-are-we-doing/

You
                                Have
                                To
                                Love
                                It
                                (from previous efforts)

Especially Richard Keogh above

Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 08-05-2018, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Looks like they did in the late 80s and early 90s, though I honestly don't recall having seen them in the wild at that time.

Topps had tried that format around 1980 too.
                                  I had them. I loved the Junk Wax Era.

Comment

The WH Smith in the hospital has put the stickers in the most stealable-from place imaginable. It is remarkably tempting.

Comment

Anyone collecting tschuttiheftli? I got a free packet with last month's 11 Freunde. Couldn't resist opening it, of course. So if anyone wants 52, 67, 244, 250, 281, 299, 311, 356, 366 and Final_Sticker Group B then drop me a PM and I'll stick them in the post.

Comment

Me too, need to open it.

Comment

Is anyone on here still doing this? My daughter is, and has a bunch of spares to swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                            Is anyone on here still doing this? My daughter is, and has a bunch of spares to swap.
                                            My girlfriend's 7 y/o is although we can't find the album at the moment.

Comment

PM'ed you there a while ago EEG on Panini stickers

Comment

ah, thanks seand. Hadn't seen that, as PMs don't seem to be alerted on this new board. I'll put my list together in the next day or two and PM it to you.

Comment

Working...
                                                X