Jamie Carragher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Does she have a crush on James "Motherfucking Piglet"Corden?

BTW You do know that that's John Bishop and not Jamie Carragher.
    I was even further out (geographically anyway), it was Jamie Redknapp I was projecting Jamie Carragher onto.

Comment

Carragher does hold a record for most own goals you know. This is only him transferring that into his new career.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
        I was even further out (geographically anyway), it was Jamie Redknapp I was projecting Jamie Carragher onto.
        You know, there may be no hope for you. You may have been passively exposed to way too much ladbantz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          You know, there may be no hope for you. You may have been passively exposed to way too much ladbantz.
          You're not wrong, I recently had to take her to see Joel Dommett as well, though in fairness I got the tickets for nowt.

Comment

I don't know who that is, and I know that I'm not going to google him. I probably won't enjoy it.

Comment

Well I don't think I've ever seen Bishop and Carragher in the same place at the same time.

Comment

The TV was on in the background at home a couple of weeks ago and John Bishop came on. I've seen him on panel shows and the like and considered him to be about as funny as typhoid but hey, I'm an open-minded type of guy, so I thought I'd give his stand-up turn a go, just on the off-chance.

Review: John Bishop's stand-up routine is more or less as funny as typhoid. There's a chance that Jamie Carragher might be funnier.

Comment

Half an hour trimmed from the start of MNF tonight, presumably the time it's taken them to wipe the smug grin off Neville's mug.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                    The TV was on in the background at home a couple of weeks ago and John Bishop came on. I've seen him on panel shows and the like and considered him to be about as funny as typhoid but hey, I'm an open-minded type of guy, so I thought I'd give his stand-up turn a go, just on the off-chance.

Review: John Bishop's stand-up routine is more or less as funny as typhoid. There's a chance that Jamie Carragher might be funnier.
                    John Bishop's not even the funniest man in his family - here's his brother Eddie falling down the stairs at a Chester-Stoke pre-season friendly in 1995. Still my favourite Chester clip.

Comment

Ernie Bishop was funnier.

Carragher will be appearing on tour with Bob Carolgees' arm stuck up his arse.

Comment

Bishop Berkeley was funnier. Busby Berkeley was funnier. British Telecom mascot Buzby was funnier.

Comment

They just seemed to give up on Buzby after the odd book. Probably after someone wondering what the fuck they were doing making Mr Men looking books about birds on phone wires. Get back tending the wires, engineers, it took six weeks to get a phone in the gaff back then, even if grandad was a probably terrifying boss to the crew at the exchange. What exactly were they selling/publicizing?
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-03-2018, 23:21.

Comment

I have a distinctly unheimlich relationship with Buzby. He started being phased out just on the cusp of me beginning to be able form memories from popular culture ephemera, so I have this sense of both feeling like I remember, but these being very... unshaped memories. And also a tendency to form a mental image of him being blue, which he demonstrably wasn't at all.

To add to the uncanniness, a few years back visiting the parental home long after I'd moved out and sitting in the garden on an unusually pleasant day, my dad emerges from some flower bed he'd been digging or something in, with a soil encrusted but still recognizable Buzby toy. Now, could it have been mine? Probably not, we moved in in the eighties, it could have been left, like a saxon gold hoard, by the previous occupants. But possibly. Just possibly. Made me feel like, idk, the intellectually arrogant and richly deserving of comeuppance priggish antiquarian from an M.R James story.

Comment

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...mpression=true

So glad we won

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                                I have a distinctly unheimlich relationship with Buzby. He started being phased out just on the cusp of me beginning to be able form memories from popular culture ephemera, so I have this sense of both feeling like I remember, but these being very... unshaped memories. And also a tendency to form a mental image of him being blue, which he demonstrably wasn't at all.

To add to the uncanniness, a few years back visiting the parental home long after I'd moved out and sitting in the garden on an unusually pleasant day, my dad emerges from some flower bed he'd been digging or something in, with a soil encrusted but still recognizable Buzby toy. Now, could it have been mine? Probably not, we moved in in the eighties, it could have been left, like a saxon gold hoard, by the previous occupants. But possibly. Just possibly. Made me feel like, idk, the intellectually arrogant and richly deserving of comeuppance priggish antiquarian from an M.R James story.
                                You could set that whole post to a proper doom laden Hanley bass riff. It’s here! It’s here! The buzby, unearthed, they called from the tenth floor flat.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post

I think he had a blue pal!

Comment

Carragher's comments (BBC link, previous page) obviously don't diminish his spitting idiocy, but they are at least an improvement on the usual fake apology after incidents like this:

"I'm in no position to question or disagree if someone wants to have a pop or the police want to speak to me. I've done a bad thing and have to accept whatever comes my way."

As opposed to employing an expensive PR consultant who provides a prepared statement, so we can all play Apology Bingo: ... "with the benefit of hindsight ... error of judgment ... apologise to anyone who may have been offended ... in context ... under stress ... I work hard, so so hard ... move on ... "

Thereby doubling down on the stupid and causing a lot of broken screens.

Comment

Or Buzby dressed in a mostly blue Superman style costume. For some reason. It’s either all flooding back to me, or it’s not.

Comment

My recollection is that Buzby was voiced by Bernard Cribbins, so I'm giving him a pass. My mind's eye is also getting him confused with Woodstock from Peanuts too, though, so it might have been Richard Briers. Gets a pass regardless.

Comment

Not to be confused with MC Buzz B, the melancholy Mancunian rapper briefly signed to Polydor in the early '90s. I'm almost certain that he wasn't voiced by Cribbins or Briers.

Comment

It bothers me how much Carragher looks like Ian Brown in the stills I’ve seen from that video.

Comment

I used to a little chain with a Buzby pendant.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                                Carragher's comments (BBC link, previous page) obviously don't diminish his spitting idiocy, but they are at least an improvement on the usual fake apology after incidents like this:

"I'm in no position to question or disagree if someone wants to have a pop or the police want to speak to me. I've done a bad thing and have to accept whatever comes my way."

As opposed to employing an expensive PR consultant who provides a prepared statement, so we can all play Apology Bingo: ... "with the benefit of hindsight ... error of judgment ... apologise to anyone who may have been offended ... in context ... under stress ... I work hard, so so hard ... move on ... "

Thereby doubling down on the stupid and causing a lot of broken screens.
                                                Agree. See Phil Neville's recent spouted effluent: textbook empty denial/'this-isn't-me' back-pedalling.

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                                                My recollection is that Buzby was voiced by Bernard Cribbins, so I'm giving him a pass. My mind's eye is also getting him confused with Woodstock from Peanuts too, though, so it might have been Richard Briers. Gets a pass regardless.
                                                Pretty certain this is Cribbins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U67FuWUkO_Q

Woodstock wasn't voiced by anyone, however. This is mainly because he spoke in a series of apostrophes.

Comment

He made a sort of squawking noise in the animated cartoons, I think, but the apostrophes still came out of his mouth at the same time.

If there's one voice actor I'd like to meet, it would be the person who did the voice of the teacher in those cartoons. I hear a lot of people in that "voice", nowadays.

Comment

Bill Melendez did Woodstock's vocals, Snoopy's too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X