• Show
Clear All

New WSC with the League Cup Winners on the front

Got it, but not yet opened it...

Ditto.

Comment

I've opened it.

Comment

The plaggy bag it came in seemed to be of a poorer quality. Hopefully because it's better for the environment or something.

Comment

My son's magazines come in a paper envelope... Hint, hint.

Incidentally, he loved Kickaround and will be getting the first full edition later in the month.

Comment

Not brown, I hope.

Comment

Smiths haven't got it yet

Comment

I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of a Lincoln City article this month.

Comment

I agree. It's just so disappointing. They've got to Wembley and everything.

Comment

I liked the season in brief. Interesting how many of the key players of that era were big figures as managers when I 1st followed fitba in the 70s- Eddie Turnbull, Willie Ormond in particular

Comment

I really liked the free sample of Kickaround and magazine's mission statement as described in the letter from Andy Lyons in my subscription copy of this month's WSC. It'll be hard competing with on the same rack as all of the established children's football magazines but fingers crossed it will reach the discerning younger fan. It's probably too late to suggest this but have WSC thought about doing it doing away with the newstand distribution model for Kickaround and going for the subscription model? It seems to work for other slightly more 'upmarket' children's magazines - eg The Phoenix and Aquila.

Back to this month's WSC - have only read 2 or 3 pages but the photo taken of the team huddle in front of the Cottage at Fulham's ground got me wondering if any OTFer had ever watched a game from the Cottage. Is it a directors' box or do normal punters sit up there as well?

Comment

IMP's article on the demise of online journalism is a major highlight this month, and there is another good Harry Pearson piece, putting Pulis tactics into perspective with some perplexing goal difference stats.

The TV review is understandably more solemn than usual, and the Paul Stewart book review is great but distressing.

Comment

The Walsall/ Troy Deeney article about deadline days and sell online and whatnot is a familiar tale to Bradford City. We've had sell on fees potentially coming for Fabian Delph, Tom Cleverly, Andre Wisdom and Nakhi Wells over recent years and did OK out the last 2 in the summer (not that any of it appears to have been spent on the team)
                          We're now following the career of Oli McBurnie with interest, although it would be nice to have gotten a few actual games out of some of these sods.

Comment

You've got to laugh at Sunderland paying more in wages to one player who is refusing to play than they will get from their entire TV money next season.

Comment

We used to call the spotlighted German striker Uwe the Seeler Man.

Comment

Hello Seeler!

Comment

Working...
                                X