Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New H2G2

Episode 1 is on Radio 4 on Thursday.

I'm always apprehensive about 'getting the old gang back together', but I'm going to keep an open mind. And I still have pain up through all the diodes on my left side …

So it's the Colfer book... I wasn't mad on the whole cheese-worship section in that one, tbh.

Comment

Is the Colfer book worth reading at all? I wasn't all that impressed by the radio adaptations of the third, fourth and fifth books they did about ten years ago. For starters, it doesn't feel right without Peter Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Child Ballads View Post
        Is the Colfer book worth reading at all?.
        No, not really. Starship Titanic was alright if you can find a copy.

Comment

Not only have I not read And Another Thing..., I confess I've only ever read Mostly Harmless once and that over 20 years ago. It left such a sour taste in the mouth I still prefer to think of the original 'trilogy of four' as being the whole thing, more or less.

The number of one-volume editions like the below, containing just the first quartet of books from 1979-84, that I still see in bookshops even now – some 26 years after MH was added to the canon – suggests that there's no small amount of people who tend to agree with me:

I realise the irony, in And Another Thing... having retconned the ending of Mostly Harmless being exactly what I want yet I still haven't got enthused about reading it, but there we are.

Comment

Is Mostly Harmless the one with the depressing ending? I've only read that once; couldn't face it again.

Comment

Yes, and a depressing beginning too.

Comment

Haven't listened yet. Any good?

Comment

Working...
                X