The Young Offenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Young Offenders

There's been a few good comedies over the last year - This England, Motherland, Derry Girls - but The Young Offenders is the best of the lot by far I think. Nuanced, funny, moving, and each episode moves the story along, and thus the comedy gets better. Apparently they made a film beforehand, but I can't find it. Anybody seen it?
    (Apols to those who can't get BBC iplayer.)

Is that the Limerick(?)/Cork(?) sitcom in a corpo estate? The one episode I caught was brilliant. A good sitcom coming out the RTE comedy unit? Fucking hell.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-03-2018, 21:57.

Comment

It is that (Cork). It's top stuff, the latest episode with the tuna is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
        Apparently they made a film beforehand, but I can't find it. Anybody seen it?
        It's available on Netflix if you've got access to an account. Very funny, and well-worth seeing despite a couple of the storylines have been reused in the TV series. The psycho drug dealer with the nail gun was hilarious.

But what blew me away was how absolutely stunning the scenery was along the Co. Cork coastline as Connor & Jock went on their road trip.

Comment

Just found that out last night - that it's on Netflix - and that's this evening sorted out...

Comment

Talking of BBC3, I rather enjoyed Man Like Mobeen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
              It's available on Netflix if you've got access to an account. Very funny, and well-worth seeing despite a couple of the storylines have been reused in the TV series. The psycho drug dealer with the nail gun was hilarious.

But what blew me away was how absolutely stunning the scenery was along the Co. Cork coastline as Connor & Jock went on their road trip.
              It is beautiful down there, of course like a lot of remote areas of natural beauty,house prices have gone through the roof, because rich people want to retire there, RTE magazine programme Nationwide can barely go a week without visiting some German or Dutch couple who've settled on the Beara peninsula and are now producing artisan food or jewellery,Jeremy Irons lives in a pink castle down that way as well

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                Talking of BBC3, I rather enjoyed Man Like Mobeen.
                Tried it, couldn't quite get it, might give it another go.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  It is beautiful down there, of course like a lot of remote areas of natural beauty,house prices have gone through the roof, because rich people want to retire there, RTE magazine programme Nationwide can barely go a week without visiting some German or Dutch couple who've settled on the Beara peninsula and are now producing artisan food or jewellery,Jeremy Irons lives in a pink castle down that way as well
                  Is it east cork or west Cork? west Cork (where Graham Norton is from) is incredibly beautiful in a spectacular way has been full of french, english and german people since the sixties. East Cork on the other hand is incredibly beautiful in a different kind of way. property is expensive in east cork because that's where the people who work in the massive Pharmaceutical industry live. I was down in middleton for a stag in 2011, and it was like the recession had never happened. East cork is where Jessica Fletcher lives btw.

Comment

Working...
                  X