No announcement yet.

Stunning PR coups of the 21st C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure they are being ironic, they're making a point. Perhaps somewhat clumsily, but it's a valid point.

Comment

Brewdog's main problem is that they come across as such colossal wankers, whether they are flogging their piss by pretending to be uncompromising rebels or socially concerned, as the mood takes them.

Comment

Fully agree Benj - I've never properly "got" Brewdog. Yes they are punk, like the beer says, but they're punk at its most Malcolm McLaren cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
          Brewdog's main problem is that they come across as such colossal wankers, whether they are flogging their piss by pretending to be uncompromising rebels or socially concerned, as the mood takes them.
          Quite.

Comment

5AM IS CLARITY CONDENSED INTO A SINGLE MOMENT. EVERYTHING LAID OUT BEFORE YOU IS STATIC, BUT NOTHING IS SET. THE ROAD RUNS STRAIGHT INTO THE SHIMMERING DISTANCE.

It’s time to take that ride.

5AM Saint is five malts at 5% ABV.

Out of this order and stability comes the rush of the pack. Berry and caramel riding alongside marmalade and chocolate. Spice and toast jostle with lychee and biscuit.

The needle flicks to all points of the compass. It drives you towards the horizon, towards the vanishing point. And it keeps going..
            Ok. And a packet of crisps please.

Comment

Calling things "punk" - especially calling sodding companies "punk" - in 2018 is just so fucking depressing.

If it was Sally's Army then I'm with Premier Inn.

Comment

It’s an amazing business model, getting not quite hipsters to buy worthless non voting shares in their company cos, Punk, or something. Canny Doric bastards. Can you imagine the wanks that would stay in their “beer hotel”? Not to mention a satellite of Aberdeen not exactly boasting stunning scenery, leisure activities, transport connections (don’t even think it’s on the train line yet). But but there’s beer taps in every room! Haud me back.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 06-03-2018, 18:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  It’s an amazing business model, getting not quite hipsters to buy worthless non voting shares in their company cos, Punk, or something. Canny Doric bastards. Can you imagine the wanks that would stay in their “beer hotel”? Not to mention a satellite of Aberdeen not exactly boasting stunning scenery, leisure activities, transport connections (don’t even think it’s on the train line yet). But but there’s beer taps in every room! Haud me back.
                  Eh?

Comment

Brewdog are branching out from their equity scam to opening a “boutique beer hotel” at their Aberdeenshire brewery.

Comment

I've heard worse ideas.

Comment

If it was nearer Aberdeen (not my favourite place to hang out, but it’s got more diversions than in the 90s, and a city half made of granite is interesting especially in the sun - even long derelict buildings look fairly immaculate bar the plant life, the medieval bits of the Uni/churches etc look like far more recent knock offs with their gleaming barely weathered crown steeples and the like) or the Cairngorm foothills/speyside or something I could see it having more lasting tourist appeal. But I guess their target market will be more than happy with a brewery tour and getting royally pissed and coked up in their suite.
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 06-03-2018, 21:26.

Comment

It’s an amazing business model, getting not quite hipsters to buy worthless non voting shares in their company cos, Punk, or something.
                          They certainly aren't worthless, at least if you bought early enough. A mate of mine has turned a few hundred quid into a few thousand with them. But agree with every bit of criticism if them on here, particularly around their use of punk as a marketing slogan.

Comment

Nice work Top Man.

Comment

Bad accident this. Though I find it hard to believe no one spotted it at any point. I guess outside a very particular circle 96 has no negative connotation. It's more Britpop and 3 Lions.

Not like the Dorothy Perkins IT WAS CHELSEA 85 maxi dress. Disgusting.

That wasn't ever a thing.

Comment

It should have been.

Comment

I'm totally lost.

Comment

96 = number of people killed at Hillsborough. Unlawfully.

Comment

Ah. Oh...

Comment

Yeah. The red and white really hammers it home, no?

Comment

Whoever got that through must be some prick.

Comment

It had never occurred to me that there might be some people around today for whom the number 96 means absolutely nothing. In other words they know nothing about the Hillsborough disaster and how and why it happened. I suppose to be fair this happened over ten years since these people were born and I can't tell you how many people were killed in a similar disaster such as Aberfan (I know it was over a hundred but I couldn't tell you the exact number off the top of my head).

Still unbelievable though.

Comment

I think the fact it's been part of culture ever since due to the efforts of the families means in the UK at least, it's pretty widely known. As TG says it's the colour choice too. Had it been blue, it propably wouldn't have raised much of an eyebrow. Certainly less of one.

Comment

Meanwhile one of Australia's finest commercial channels compounds one outrage with another.

Seven broadcast their lowest common denominator breakfast programme every weekday from the centre of Sydney with a backdrop of the busy Martin Place. But not today.

Comment

What is that '96' shirt meant to mean then? Or is it just purely random shite thrown together, in a creative process once depicted by BDG- 'Amsterdam... Surf Shack... 1973'

Comment

[removed]
                                                    Last edited by gjt; 16-03-2018, 13:12. Reason: thought better of it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X