MLB 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a cracker of an opening day.

First pitch homer, Stanton doing the biz, Ohtani getting a sneaky hit, Albert, Cubs, YAY baseball.

Comment

Bummer about Archer, but he didn't pitch badly. And this might not be over yet.

Comment

Half inch to the left, and Headley would have walked off.

Comment

Well! Padres are still in this.

Comment

Fuck me! We just tied it up in the bottom of the 9th! After no hits in the first 4 innings I was expecting a shut-out.

Comment

Stanton just hit another homer to the fucking moon.

*edit 2nd tier, straightaway centre.

Comment

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED IN TAMPA?

Comment

I'm going to guess that 70+ home runs for Giancarlo Stanton, is not an impossibility.

Comment

Balls. Bases loaded, one out at the bottom of the 11th. Now we're behind at the bottom of the 12th.

Comment

Well, that was disappointing.

Comment

Sorry, Inca (not really)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                          WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED IN TAMPA?
                          I was there! It was very exciting.

The Trop isn’t as bad as everyone says.

Comment

I'm going to be honest and admit I did not think the Giants would beat Kershaw, and especially not with a home run from Panik.

This is probably going to be their high-water mark this season, though, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Hoping against hope that jefe isn't watching his Orioles
                              In AJ we trust

Comment

Very cool and extremely rare these days

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/980218304798314497?s=21

Comment

Well this went south quickly.

Comment

Seemed inevitable after all the chances we squandered

Comment

Oh, you guy are watching Cubs. I was thinking Yankees/Jays.

Comment

HOLY SHIT! SMOOOOOOOAK.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                          The A's have offered to purchase the entire Coliseum site from the city of Oakland in exchange for paying off the $135M the city owes in debt service on it still.
                                          And by doing so, they have precipitated 2 other offers-from Tesla for the whole site, and from the developer who owns the USL rights to the East Bay for a team in 2021, who wants what the mockups look to be everything south of the the BART bridge plus Oracle Arena for $86M to build a stadium, multiple outdoor fields for your standard youth tourney complex, and to put pro futsal and box lacrosse into Oracle, leaving everything north of the bridge for the A's to build on.

Comment

Yankees Opening Day postponed, which isn't surprising given the view out our window.

Comment

Pleased we split the series with them, at least. I don't have high hopes for this season. And poor José's still looking for work...

Comment

Originally posted by Renart View Post
                                                I'm going to be honest and admit I did not think the Giants would beat Kershaw, and especially not with a home run from Panik.

This is probably going to be their high-water mark this season, though, so I'm enjoying it while I can.
                                                Yeah, so after two dreadful games from the Dodgers to start the season, the boys in blue recover and shut out the Giants in games 3 and 4, with the offense finally turning up.

Apparently this is the first time in Giants history that they did not score more than 1 run in any of their first four games.

Comment

It would be interesting if Chavez Ravine became a place where only one team could score.

Comment

The first week of the season, and one team is already trying to manufacture beef by making up one of their own unwritten rules of the game...the Twins upset that the Orioles bunted down the third base line down 7-0 in the 9th...after the Twins shifted towards first.

https://deadspin.com/twins-mad-that-...too-1824254074

Comment

Working...
                                                    X