• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nd-indians-mlb

Comment

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/1052649525872070661?s=21

Comment

"We reminded everyone not to do that, and they acknowledged that they understood."

Comment

Gone right off Kimbrel, the erratic neckbeard, Old Man of the Jungle looking motherfucker.

Comment

Kimbrel is not making things comfortable for the Red Sox. I know I posted two days ago that this guy has some of the best numbers among closers in the history of baseball but I think Cora needs to reconsider the situation.

Kershaw was back to his every other start being top class approach. I'm hoping the Dodgers finish it on Friday night.

Comment

(pray hands emoji)

Comment

Great ending to that Sox - Astro’s game.

Comment

After two innings last night and not looking strong, I wouldn't go with Kimbrel. I'd stick with Evoldi, but Cora has had a golden touch in this series.

Comment

Hard to say that I am stunned by a 108 win club getting to the WS, but Houston was rolling a week ago and Verlander has never lost a decider.

Comment

The ginger lad did ok tonight, but the Astros haven't looked like winning since I started paying attention to the sport about four days ago. That JBJ double off the wall in game 2 seemed to finish them.

While it's tempting to take the credit for the Red Sox getting to the World Series (they were one down before I went to see them play), really I have to say it's down to the players and manager. I was just in the right place at the right time.

Comment

I'm a firm believer in superstition when it comes to sports (not when it comes to anything else), so you should take some credit EIM. But you know, it only lasts for one series so if the Dodgers win, that should be that. Haha.

Comment

I'm a very superstitious fan. I blame myself for that horrendous loss to the Yankees, so I banned myself from watching any more of the ALDS. And it worked. I'm only a jinx when they play NYY or the Rays.

Comment

Verlander who?

Comment

HEY KEHD THE SAWX WON THE FACKIN PENNANT

Comment

Wicked good

Comment

I was going to be more happy about whatever team lost the ALCS, but on the whole I think I wanted the Red Sox to win it more. The Astros seemed to be getting arrogant and I wouldn't want to see a repeat winner, especially them.

Really dumb article on the Athletic today about how "some" Brewers suspect the Dodgers are stealing signs. The only specific example they can give is an instance when Machado was on 2B and signaled to Chris Taylor, who was at bat. The article says of course baserunners looking at signs is legal, but "people" "suspect" that the Dodgers may have someone in the stadium monitoring them--"it's something people are wondering about." No one willing to go on the record, and no one able to point to anything specific.

Comment

NPB update:

The Hiroshima Carp have waltzed into the Japan Series by sweeping the Yomiuri Giants in four games. The Giants, who finished four games under .500 in the Central League, but still finished third, had beaten the Yakult Swallows in the previous round.

The Carp await the winner of the Pacific League playoff between Seibu Lions and Softbank Hawks, which is currently knotted at two games each. The Lions won the regular season pennant by six and a half games over the Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                      I was going to be more happy about whatever team lost the ALCS, but on the whole I think I wanted the Red Sox to win it more. The Astros seemed to be getting arrogant and I wouldn't want to see a repeat winner, especially them.

Really dumb article on the Athletic today about how "some" Brewers suspect the Dodgers are stealing signs. The only specific example they can give is an instance when Machado was on 2B and signaled to Chris Taylor, who was at bat. The article says of course baserunners looking at signs is legal, but "people" "suspect" that the Dodgers may have someone in the stadium monitoring them--"it's something people are wondering about." No one willing to go on the record, and no one able to point to anything specific.
                                      I suspect MLB letting the Astros off for no reason isn't helping here, as other clubs do not seem to be happy about that. Buster Olney was saying teams don't even feel comfortable talking strategy in some manager's offices because they think the room is bugged.

MLB has been disgracefully asleep at the wheel the last few seasons.

Comment

It is time for EIM to lose interest in baseball.

The best thing about having Optimum as a cable provider right now is their ongoing dispute with Fox has TBS blocked. I imagine most others around where I live disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                          It is time for EIM to lose interest in baseball.

The best thing about having Optimum as a cable provider right now is their ongoing dispute with Fox has TBS blocked. I imagine most others around where I live disagree.
                                          I think TBS is done for the year. The WS should be on Fox (locals) if I remember correctly and Fox Deportes (bumping Libertadores and Sudamericana to delayed and edited form).

It's easy to fix this sign stealing stuff: let managers, pitchers, and catchers wear some kind of earpiece. Although I saw Trevor Bauer on MLB Tonight last night before the game. He said that when he is on, he can tell a batter what pitch he is throwing and the batter won't hit it. Type of pitch is only one part, but location and ball action is another.

Comment

That’s right about Fox

Comment

See Ryu later . . .

Comment

I went to a bar with friends last night to watch. Dodgers were horrible: pitching poor, no timely hitting.

It's obvious to say that they will need to be much better tonight. The question will be if Beuhler can keep calm.

Comment

Dodgers up 2-1 in 3rd and Hader is already in the game. Dodgers had Kershaw stretching in the pen. I get the move to Hader; had to stop the Dodgers momentum. But the Dodgers shouldn't even be thinking about Kershaw yet. I think the managers lock themselves in to moves because they get guys ready too soon.

Comment

Roberts bringing the hook too soon for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X