No announcement yet.

MLB 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would leave Porcello in for the 9th. Why take a chance on Kimbrel with a lead like this?

Comment

I think the idea was to have him purge the memory of New York, thereby rebuilding his confidence.

I’m not sure it worked.

Comment

I'm glad he didn't give away the game. I'm nervous about Tuesday now.

Comment

You would have been nervous about Tuesday if he had struck out the side.

Comment

I think Cora understands how to use Kimbrel: he's not a guy that is good for more than 1 inning. And, although he's blown saves, he is the most dominant closer since Rivera. His stats are stellar. And you have to figure that Porcello is lined up for game 4 (esp. with Sale being in the hospital with some kind of stomach ailment). With all o that said, I do think Cora and the staff shoulder some of the blame for Kimbrel's meltdown in New York. Someone had to tell him: no sliders until you've got ahead. Just throw fastballs until then. His fastballs were strikes in NY but the breaking pitches were the problems. The moves ultimately worked and Kimbrel should emerge from that with renewed confidence.
            Last edited by danielmak; 15-10-2018, 03:43.

Comment

Yeah, thankfully.

UA, true. I didn't mean for those two statements to be mutually exclusive.
              Last edited by Femme Folle; 15-10-2018, 04:06.

Comment

How 'bout them Sox eh?

Comment

Kimbrel threw it really fast. Fair play to him. Also congratulations to Jackie who got a two out double off the wall. Apparently. I didn't see as I was looking at a man balancing clam chowder on his head.

Comment

Dodgers blow it again. Harold Reynolds tends to be the least insightful for me on MLB Network, but I think he made a good point tonight after the Dodgers loss: Roberts is choosing lineups based on Brewers pitchers and this chopping and changing means nobody is able to get hot at the plate. Between injuries and the Dodgers normal approach to platooning, there were certainly a lot of changes during the year, but I agree that there's just too much happening in this series. Just go with the best starting 9 unless someone has horrific numbers against a lefty or righty. As it stands, the current approach is not working (only against Jeffres).

Hill needs to to do the job tomorrow.

Comment

On the other hand, he keeps sticking with guys like Grandal and Bellinger that are doing absolutely nothing. Grandal is the worst, but ironically the one guy they probably can't afford to leave out, his game 1 woes aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                        On the other hand, he keeps sticking with guys like Grandal and Bellinger that are doing absolutely nothing. Grandal is the worst, but ironically the one guy they probably can't afford to leave out, his game 1 woes aside.
                        Roberts said in his press conference last night that Grandal is out today. Barnes will be behind the plate. Grandal has had a rough post-season defensively.

Bellinger was very poor last year as well in the WS and has made some bad mistakes in the outfield this series.

Comment

When you lose Mary Hart, there's no way back.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Reportedly, they’re going to put it outside and put $10 bleachers in its place. That actually makes sense.

Comment

I cannot support this destruction of Miami culture.

Comment

New logo as well.

Rangers hitting coach to be the new Cubs hitting coach.

Comment

Former Cubs minor league hitting instructor as a matter of fact.

Comment

That escalated quickly

Comment

Osuna melted down. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Comment

Let's go Red Sox!

Comment

My man Jackie doing his thing again. The only one whose name I can remember.

Comment

Bloody hell! I woke up ten minutes ago, checked the score, realised the game was still going on, switched it on with Bellinger at 3-2 and literally the only thing I saw was the winning run. Scenes.

Comment

Just going to leave this here.

https://twitter.com/BasebaIILegend/status/1052003553328418816

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  Bloody hell! I woke up ten minutes ago, checked the score, realised the game was still going on, switched it on with Bellinger at 3-2 and literally the only thing I saw was the winning run. Scenes.
                                                  I fell asleep with the Red Sox game on the radio, woke up for the last inning and a half, switched it onto Bob Uecker calling the Brew Crew, fell asleep again, and woke up with Ueck still calling the Brewers game.

Comment

Gave up after the 12th, started to read and had the TV on mute. Decided to put the sound back on two pitches before Bellinger ended it. I was about to fall asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X