No announcement yet.

MLB 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. So the Jay's stink out the place in May rather than April. Makes a change I suppose.

Comment

Ugh! The Padres are definitely improving but that must be the fifth time in the last few days that they've had two (or more) players going for a flyball and they've collided and missed the catch. They really need to sort this out!

Comment

Cut loose from Atlanta after just 12 bleak outings, Jose Bautista washes up in the Mets' dugout. Fortunately he located the ball in his first at-bat, so perhaps better times are ahead.

Comment

Why did no-one tell me about the Chicago White Sox pitcher named Aaron Bummer?

Comment

This 9th inning is much tenser than I was anticipating.

Comment

Mrs Thistle has suggested we get BT Sports so we can get televised baseball. She is ace.

Comment

You could just get MLB TV instead, might work out cheaper. Depends what other sports you're into, I guess.

Comment

I tried to get the free broadcast game but it wouldn't work on my TV. Think BT Sports might be the better bet.

Comment

So, after his performance against the Giants (crazy first few innings all round, by the way), the question once again raises itself - what exactly is Chatwood doing in the big leagues? Whenever I've seen him play he's been a liability. He has no command whatsoever, and he doesn't have a fastball. Was he really better at the Rockies?

Comment

Yes

In large part because his walk rate was less than half what it has been with the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        I tried to get the free broadcast game but it wouldn't work on my TV. Think BT Sports might be the better bet.
                        There's a live game on Facebook most weeks, usually Wednesday or Thursday and with a decent early evening timing for us UK viewers.

Comment

There's a game on Facebook today. Sign in, then search for MLB Live. I think it's the Brewers and Cards. It starts at 10 past 6 UK time.

Comment

Baez just stole home to give the Cubs a 1-0 lead

Comment

Comment

Ah, crap, the MLB app lied to me. I thought this game was starting two hours later than it did.

Comment

It would be very nice if the Padres didn't play any home games on a Sunday, so I wouldn't have to see the hideous camo kit.

Comment

I know I relentlessly mocked the Padres earlier in the season, but the youngsters have begun putting it together earlier than I expected. Yes, I'm still broadly unconvinced by the pitching, and the outfield is prone to occasional bouts of Three Stooges comedy. Yet the offense is kind of getting it together. We're still bottom of the division, but the gaps are now tiny - the Padres have only won three fewer games than the division leader Diamondbacks.

I suspect this is a high water mark for the season - we've got a lot of upcoming games against winning teams in the next two weeks - so I'll enjoy it right now.

In particular, I'm really enjoying watching Travis Jankowski. Like a proper sports star he has absolutely terrible hair, long blond and chaotic. It's always flying all over the place as he's utterly hyperactive, always trying to steal bases (often successfully), and making a ton of ground in the deep outfield - which means he can make spectacular plays, but is also responsible for some of our Stooges moments as he gets to what should be someone else's ball.

Comment

I am deriving an inordinate amount of pleasure from the fact that the truly hapless Orioles have beaten the Mets at Citi Field.

Comment

Woo hoo!!

Comment

If I had BT ESPN I could have watched the Braves - Padres game last night. And if I had watched that game I'd have seen a home run baseball end up in a woman's beer.

As it is I've just seen the beer pong clip on Facebook.

Comment

Conversely, when I wanted to watch the Giants game yesterday, I could not, as it was only on Facebook

Comment

Report that Ohtani will will need TJ surgery and could be out until 2020. Awful news.

Comment

Well this game is not going well.

Comment

The series has been a debacle

Comment

This is better.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X