Now that's a finale.

Comment

Fly the Freakin' W

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          Hmmm. Stroman screws the pooch again.
          I hesitate to ask...

Comment

US military slang, brought into the mainstream by Tome Wolfe in The Right Stuff

Comment

End of the first inning at Coors Field for the Padres and it's already 4-4, with both pitchers over 30 pitches.

Comment

It's been a bit of a crazy start with Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees, and Nats all struggling relative to larger expectations. This is probably good for baseball in general to have some other teams experience some level of success, but I'm sure things will level out although it will be good if there are some challenges for the wild card.

I'm curious about Harvey's move to the bullpen. The MLB Network analysts have hit the nail on the head for me: his fastball is slower and his pitches lack movement. He's not going to be in any better in the pen if he thinks his fastball will do the job. He needs to develop a broader repertoire of pitches. With that said, I can't think of another organization that has had a consistent stream of pitching prospects and had so many of those prospects flame out. I would have to assume that the medical staff working for the Mets now is not the same as the staff that was around when high hopes were placed on Isringhausen, Pulsipher, and Wilson but Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler: https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...rms-1.10664403

Comment

They have turned the medical staff over, but still are suffering from the same curse, which obviously tears me up.

Comment

Worst start since the 50s.

Comment

We have the most concrete plan for an idea that's been floated before--an aerial tramway linking Union Station to Dodger Stadium. There is an ominous name involved, however...

A private company has submitted plans to the city of Los Angeles for an aerial tram that would link Union Station to the ball park in Chavez Ravine.

Aerial Rapid Transit Technologies LLC, a company founded by Drew McCourt—the son of former Dodgers own Frank McCourt—announced its plans today for the $125 million project.

It says it will obtain private financing for construction, but it’s “asking Metro to take the lead role in the procedural requirements for route selection and right of way.” The tram could be up and running in 2022.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti introduced the proposal to Metro’s Board of Directors this morning, referring to it as a “world class aerial transit system” and a “bold idea to ease congestion.”
                      I don't really see how there could be enough capacity for it to really make a difference, unless they had a way to run multiple gondolas going in the same direction as once.

Comment

A glorified ski lift then?

Comment

At about USD 20 a round trip.

It's very McCourtian.

Comment

Mayor Eric Garcetti, who has national ambitions, loves the plan and some are calling for an expedited CEQA review for the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              A glorified ski lift then?
                              Yep. I think the A's are talking about something similar with their new stadium location.

Comment

Sounds more like a Shelbyville idea..:

Comment

Comedy baserunning from Darvish there. Nice knock though.

Comment

Morrow was not fooling around for his sixth save in six chances

Comment

https://twitter.com/DanielBrim/status/990092352663511040

Pedro Baez fell off the mound for a balk, allowing the Giants to break the tie score. They won the game.

Comment

Can't Predict (Base)Ball

I have never seen anything like that at any level in my near 60 years of watching the sport.

Comment

Javi is on fire again.

Comment

They need better sunglasses, it seems.

Comment

The Yankees are currently tearing the Angels a new one, leading 10-0 middle of the second.

Comment

No Shohei No Party

Comment

Padres absolutely spanked the Mets today, for only our fourth home win of the year.

Comment

Yes it was nice to see that score when I woke up. Not great news about Myers though. The team seem to be injury magnets at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X