Weekend likely postponements thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Their announcement for todays game is at https://www.footballpools.com/announ...ments-03-03-18

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      Yes.

Their announcement for todays game is at https://www.footballpools.com/announ...ments-03-03-18
      Match No - 22 AFC Wimbledon v Charlton: Away Win

Match No - 24 Blackpool v Northampton: No Score Draw

Match No - 25 Brentford C v Portsmouth: Home Win

Match No - 26 Doncaster v Bury: Home Win

Match No - 27 Gillingham v Rotherham United: Score Draw

Match No - 29 Oxford United v Fleetwood: Home Win

Match No - 30 Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle: Away Win

Match No - 32 Shrewsbury v Peterboro: Score Draw
      They've not put a lot of thought into D3 have they?
      The only point of interest, other than someone finally holding the Millers, is Brentford City maintaining their 100% record this season.

Comment

As far as I can ascertain, the panel still consists of Gordon Banks, Roger Hunt and Tony Green, who still physically meet up in Liverpool to adjudicate. I would guess they're not looking to recruit any new blood, seeing as a computer could have easily been doing their job for over 30 years, and the pools were long ago killed off by the lottery and online bookies.

Comment

"Tea's on the table, hurry up"
          "Hang on, I want to hear Tim Gudgin / JAG give us a home win"
          "But they weren't even playing!"
          "What's that got to do with it? You don't understand ANYTHING!" (stomp, stomp ...)

Comment

Not a huge amount of snow on Merseyside meant I managed to do a couple of games on artificial pitches in the Warrington & District League. First up was a noon kickoff at Ormiston Chadwick Academy in Widnes where Cronton Villa had moved their game against Rainhill Town's (not particularly young looking) youth team. Surprisingly relegation threatened Cronton got a comfortable win 3-0 against their title challenging visitors. Rainhill may be the biggest moaners I've seen this season.

It was then a short trip up the road to Rainhill High School where New Street hosted Avon Athletic. The first half looked like it was going to be a fairly straightforward afternoon for the hosts as they took a three goal lead into the break. However Avon pulled one back early on in the second half, scored from the penalty spot by one of the least athletic looking players I've seen. Avon then had some good chances to further close the deficit but were denied by the impressive home keeper.

An afternoon I was glad to have taken a flask of tea, but wished I had taken warmer socks.

Comment

Carlisle 2-0 Grimsby

Not as chilly as I'd feared. Great effort by the ground staff to get the covers down early and keep the pitch playable, though whether it was the right decision to make people travel to watch it is questionable.

Carlisle were good enough to beat a poor Grimsby side, and make it 4 wins on the spin. Even allowing for the confidence that will give them, they don't look good enough to beat the better sides to come in the run-in.

Lovely views driving up and down the M6, though I was less impressed that Killngton Maccy's was closed when I had my heart and belly set on 20 chicken nuggets for my tea.

Comment

I declined to attend in the end, hope Tony forgives me.. They’re going to have a very nervous last part of the season

Comment

Eintracht 1 Hanover 0. "A dirty victory", one player described it as. But a deserved one, nonetheless, and tense enough to make it exciting right until the end.

Had Two Blokes Behind Me (about my age) who were livid for the entire match. Every mistake by a Frankfurt player and every whistle by the ref that didn't go Eintracht's way was met with furious shouts of, "Du Wichser!" (You wanker) and then a long diatribe about how they weren't fit to be anywhere near a football pitch. I wonder if they went home and their wives asked them if they'd enjoyed their afternoon, and they mildly responded, "Oh yes, three points in the bag, had a beer and a sausage, it was great. Thanks for asking, dear."

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                    Your wish was granted, I see. Wonder if Tesco are shut on health and safety grounds, given that they effectively share a car park with Coventry?
                    I would have preferred it if they had announced it off on Friday evening, or first thing Saturday morning. All week they'd been posting on social media that the game would go ahead, and bragging that they had undersoil heating and snow ploughs. It was Lincoln's social media team that alerted me to the possibility it might be called off at 10am. Then Coventry gave mixed messages as to why it had been called off. A lot of City fans had already left, hence a coachload turning up to watch Leicester v Bournemouth instead.

Comment

I heard Watford were letting season ticket holders of any club suffering postponement in for half-price- any evidence of impact on the attendance at Vicarage Rd..?

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
                        Slovak and Czech second tier are all off, except the Prague derby between Viktoria Zizkov and Olympia, which is scheduled for TV. The first tier games should be off as well. Who wants to watch football when it's -12 and feels like -22 with the wind-chill?
                        Me. I went to Sigma Olomouc vs FC Slovacko. It was up to a fairly tropical -7 in the sun, but certainly felt much, much colder when the wind whistled in. Typical Czech top flight game (in my experience) in that it was all very slow and patient. The only goal of the game came when the visiting 'keeper gave it to an Olomouc forward five yards away who duly rounded him to tap home. Slovacko showed more urgency second half and should've had an equaliser or at least a penalty, but were denied by a combination of epic goal-line defending, woeful finishing and a weak referee.

As a mark of how cold it got in the second half, the beer of one of the lads I was watching with iced over.

Comment

How was the ice hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            How was the ice hockey?
                            Enjoyable. I've never been to an ice-hockey game before, so was relieved that it was easier to follow the puck than I'd anticipated. The arena in Brno has standing behind both goals, with the steepest steps I've ever stood on. Attendance was double that of the previous day's football, and though we were at the other end to the Ultras they ensured a decent atmosphere pretty much throughout; despite there being barely two dozen away fans present.

Comment

Cool. I’d love to see some Czech Ice Hockey, I need to plan a visit to the family we have out there around it.

Comment

Working...
                              X