No announcement yet.

Weekend likely postponements thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh cup 1/4 finals haven't yet bitten the err, frost. Might Carmarthen or Llandudno (who I think have a 3G pitch) stand a chance of getting their games on, being outside the main blizzard zone?

Comment

Funny you should ask that. I was hoping to go to Carmarthen's game tomorrow so just checked their Twitter. They posted this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/CarmarthenAFC/status/969225488408424448?s=19

Comment

However overnight we've had a few inches of snow in the place we are staying and we were further west

Comment

Shrewsbury are having a pitch inspection today. I imagine it will say 'snow'

https://twitter.com/shrewsweb/status/969496820085870593?s=19

Comment

They looked at the pitch and the Shrewsbury game is off

Comment

Having appealed for volunteers, Scunthorpe have been clearing the snow off the pitch covers and car parks, with the help of an army group handful of fans.

So as it stands, the Oldham game is ON.

This will now go one of two ways - the ref will turn up, won't fancy it and will call it off, or the game goes ahead and the worst performance of the season sees them get bummed 3-0 by the grateful visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Wimbledon v Charlton has a good chance of surviving. The new pitch and covers Chelsea have brought in since beginning to take over some of the stadium infrastructure ensured Tuesday’s game against Blackburn went ahead when many others were postponed, more’s the pity given the result.
                Pfffft, game off.

Comment

Hope to see some outings for the orange ball this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                    Whereas the Boro v Leeds game tomorrow is still on as it stands despite the fact that the A66 and A19 are both shut, the latter following 20 separate crashes in an hour including a 15-vehicle pile-up. You'd almost think the insistence for it to go ahead was something to do with the telly money.
                    Confirmed as going ahead. Nothing to do with the telly at all, I'm sure. I wasn't going anyway, but if I was, I don't think I would be.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                      Having appealed for volunteers, Scunthorpe have been clearing the snow off the pitch covers and car parks, with the help of an army group handful of fans.

So as it stands, the Oldham game is ON.

This will now go one of two ways - the ref will turn up, won't fancy it and will call it off, or the game goes ahead and the worst performance of the season sees them get bummed 3-0 by the grateful visitors.
                      See also Carlisle v Grimsby - although I still think the most likely outcome is an 11am postponement tomorrow after an overnight frost and once all the Grimsby fans have had to set off.

Comment

Off to Coventry tomorrow. Informed that the Ricoh does have undersoil heating and that it's been turned on this week. I suspect i'll wish that it had been postponed, we're going to get thrashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          my plan for Wealdstone v Oxford (City) looks likely to be buggered...
                          And buggered it indeed is...

Comment

Bizarrely, London Welsh are insisting their ninth tier rugby game against Bank of England RFC is still going ahead tomorrow which looks to be the only live sport possible in my area tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

I imagine Leicester vs Bournemouth will be on. How many get there is a different question. I don’t really fancy driving out if my estate so hopefully the buses will be running.

Comment

Horsham FC v Ashford United postponed.

The 3G pitch at Lancing is reported to be playable but concerns have apparently been raised about the safety of transportation of the officials, players and supporters from the mythical realm of "Kent".

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                                  Welsh cup 1/4 finals haven't yet bitten the err, frost. Might Carmarthen or Llandudno (who I think have a 3G pitch) stand a chance of getting their games on, being outside the main blizzard zone?
                                  Llandudno off, Carmarthen still hopeful.

Comment

8.30am pitch inspection in Carmarthen. According to the Aberystwyth twitter feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      8.30am pitch inspection in Carmarthen. According to the Aberystwyth twitter feed.
                                      https://mobile.twitter.com/Carmarthe...424448/photo/1

Flakes on the Carmarthen pitch.

Comment

I posted that at 9am.

They're going to look a bit silly if the game does get called off.

Comment

Avon & Somerset police are advising against all but essential travel in their region yet Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday is still going ahead. Fair bit of griping from our fans at this given that there's a 350 mile round trip to try and attempt with icy motorways and a reduced train service. I do hope they're not trying to pull a fast one on us given that we'd presumably have a stronger squad available if the game was postponed and re-arranged for April. (I'm also aware that we charged City £39 the other year so may not have the moral high ground here)

Meanwhile some storm damage at Clitheroe:

Comment

If anyone in NW England is desperate to get a game in then it looks like Redgate Rovers v Vauxhall Motors in West Cheshire Div 1 is definitely on. It’s being played on the 3G at JMO Sports Park at Skem, 3pm ko.

Comment

Villa vs QPR is off.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                                Off to Coventry tomorrow. Informed that the Ricoh does have undersoil heating and that it's been turned on this week. I suspect i'll wish that it had been postponed, we're going to get thrashed.
                                                Your wish was granted, I see. Wonder if Tesco are shut on health and safety grounds, given that they effectively share a car park with Coventry?

Comment

All club games called off in Frankfurt for the entire weekend after last night's snowfall, gloriously freeing up the day. Eintracht v Hanover 96 is on.

Comment

Orient at Dover the only National Leagues game ontoday.

As an aside, does the Pools Panel still sit for days like this (I don’t know one person who still plays), and are any celeb ex-players still involved? I seem to recall Gordan Banks was a regular for years.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X