Weekend likely postponements thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend likely postponements thread

The central belt red warning is just what Dundee Utd don't need- huge fixture pile-up already. Or maybe we don't want to be playing while we're shite, and it's a bonus...

Anyway, more importantly, I'm meant to go to Carlisle with my Grimsby pal Tony on saturday. What is the likelihood of it playing Walt/3rd rate les bleus..?

I gather the trains are striking, so we'd maybe be driving and I saw Walt's gateshead sage story on the weather thread...

Any other OTFers likely to be missing a match this weekend?

Bradford City v Portsmouth is almost certainly going to be called off, probably before Portsmouth fly up tomorrow.

Comment

Rotherham are at Gillingham, and I'd already decided to give it a miss, so it doesn't matter to me. However my plan for Wealdstone v Oxford (City) looks likely to be buggered...

Comment

WFD is better placed (by about 120 miles...) than me for local weather updates, but I believe that Carlisle is fairly heavily snowed up. The club have had the covers down all week and are hoping the snow insulates the pitch from the frost, but even if that proves to be true, the surrounding area and approaches won't be in great shape.

Comment

I'm supposed to be at Crewe-Forest Green but I doubt it'll go ahead.

Comment

Boro v Leeds is meant to be on Sky tomorrow night, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Wimbledon v Charlton has a good chance of surviving. The new pitch and covers Chelsea have brought in since beginning to take over some of the stadium infrastructure ensured Tuesday’s game against Blackburn went ahead when many others were postponed, more’s the pity given the result.

Comment

Gillingham v Rotherham United is already postponed.

Comment

Some lower leagues like the North Berks Football League have already postponed all their fixtures scheduled for Saturday. Local to me I’d expect the Spartan South Midlands and United Counties Leagues to follow suit, although I see the UCL have this morning sent out a bullish tweet reminding member clubs that no such step has been taken yet.

Comment

I noticed that Franchise Oswestry had their Welsh Prem game called off in the week - does it damage 3G pitches if you sweep snow off them?

Comment

Newport v Accy just been postponed.

Forest Green’s visit on Tuesday also in jeopardy.

Comment

I noticed that Franchise Oswestry had their Welsh Prem game called off in the week - does it damage 3G pitches if you sweep snow off them?
                        Streets around the ground unsafe?

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                          The central belt red warning is just what Dundee Utd don't need- huge fixture pile-up already. Or maybe we don't want to be playing while we're shite, and it's a bonus...

Anyway, more importantly, I'm meant to go to Carlisle with my Grimsby pal Tony on saturday. What is the likelihood of it playing Walt/3rd rate les bleus..?

I gather the trains are striking, so we'd maybe be driving and I saw Walt's gateshead sage story on the weather thread...

Any other OTFers likely to be missing a match this weekend?
                          I'd be stunned if it goes ahead, there are several factors stacking up. Firstly they have asked for volunteers to clear the pitch tomorrow, which only ever ends one way. Secondly the surrounding streets and car parks are still covered in snow, and it's not expected to get above freezing between now and 3pm Saturday. Thirdly the major roads round here are a complete mess - the A66 has been closed for two days, the A69 is worse than it was when I aborted my gig trip (its currently closed about 20 miles east of Carlisle), and the M6 has been closed in spells today. Finally the wind is now getting up and blowing snow across roads which have only just got clear - I nearly got stuck coming back from work just now for this reason. I've written it off already.

Comment

^ Further to that, there's now a pitch inspection tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Seems a bit of clamour for our game at Dover to be called off. Others in Kent have already gone, and it's an absolute bastard of a climb up the hill to the away end. Could be a bit treacherous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
                                Bradford City v Portsmouth is almost certainly going to be called off, probably before Portsmouth fly up tomorrow.
                                Gone from almost certainly to definitely.

Comment

Blades v Burton has been called off already - The club posted this:

Whilst the pitch could be prepared, the Bramall Lane stands and access to them, the surrounds and travel to and from S2 have been deemed unsafe following negotiations between the club, Safety Advisory Group, South Yorkshire Police and EFL.

Apparently the undersoil heating has been on for a week....

Comment

Whereas the Boro v Leeds game tomorrow is still on as it stands despite the fact that the A66 and A19 are both shut, the latter following 20 separate crashes in an hour including a 15-vehicle pile-up. You'd almost think the insistence for it to go ahead was something to do with the telly money.

Comment

Bath City's game could be on with our pitch but I would have thought it be called off due to transport issues with the Beast from the East and Storm Emma getting it on like some sort of crap wrestling match. Shame as we are match ball sponsors. I haven't had coronation chicken for ages.

Comment

I'm in Crosby at the weekend and able to take in a Marine game for the first time in ages, but I'd be amazed if it goes ahead.

Comment

Slovak and Czech second tier are all off, except the Prague derby between Viktoria Zizkov and Olympia, which is scheduled for TV. The first tier games should be off as well. Who wants to watch football when it's -12 and feels like -22 with the wind-chill?

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                                            I'm in Crosby at the weekend and able to take in a Marine game for the first time in ages, but I'd be amazed if it goes ahead.
                                            There's photos on their twitter feed that would seem to back that up.

Comment

Going by tonight, I'm hoping they'll cancel all Arsenal games for the rest of the season.

Comment

Apart from the Swansea match everything in Wales has already been called off.

Comment

Our game away at Ebbsfleet is off, so at least one Welsh team not even playing in Wales has been affected too!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X