Cool YouTube stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool YouTube stuff

I'm pretty sure that this kind of thread has been done before, but what the hell.

Today's excellent, interesting and ear-bending video comes courtesy of guitarist Rob Scallon who attempts to play one of his most famous compositions, Rain, without the aid of artificial effects. When you consider that the sound is, essentially, one guitar made to sound like three through the use of Delay and Reverb pedals (as he explains), this is no mean feat. Anyway. With the aid of two friends he eventually manages it, and it sounds amazing.

I love stuff like this.

I rather fear that this might end up as a thread where I talk to myself until even I get bored, but nil desperandum!

Today's cool thing I like is this rather terrific metal reworking of the Bubble Bobble theme music.

Comment

In a similar vein, here's Toto's Jeff Porcaro breaking down the hybrid shuffle from Rosanna.

https://youtu.be/NMI81yIlT0Q

Comment

To embed the video, click the film strip and paste the URL into the box. Or use the VIDEO tags around the URL.

Comment

(I'm at work, so can't see whether any of that works or not - all I see there is a big blank space where I assume an embedded video is.)

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            To embed the video, click the film strip and paste the URL into the box. Or use the VIDEO tags around the URL.

I've just been looking at that bandstand, it's at the bottom of my road.

Comment

I'm keeping it Old Skool, Snake.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                In a similar vein, here's Toto's Jeff Porcaro breaking down the hybrid shuffle from Rosanna.

https://youtu.be/NMI81yIlT0Q
                Love that, Ian. Thanks!

Comment

Marco is indeed brilliant. Can I assume you're a fan of The Aristocrats, Bruno?

Comment

Fair enough. I can see that their output might be Marmite.

Comment

Not totally in keeping with the rest of the thread but I've only just seen this and wanted an excuse - any excuse - to post this:

Comment

Came across this amazing mad Scandinavian scientist/musician last year via a friend of mine:

Comment

The return of the mashup

Comment

Nice cover. Charles Bradley doing Ozzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaOf70M4xs
                            Last edited by multipleman78; 10-03-2018, 13:56.

Comment

Just bear with me on this one - a gloriously funky version of Blur's 'Park Life' by Lola's Day Off that just lifts the spirits. I came across it a few weeks back and have returned to it at least half-a-dozen times since. Oh, and I think I'm just a little bit in love with Emma Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-m1sn3qsf4

Comment

The otherworldly sounds of skating on thin ice.

Comment

If you like vidya games and YouTube (and why wouldn't you?) then you should check out Outside Xbox and their sister channel Outside Xtra.

Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                    Came across this amazing mad Scandinavian scientist/musician last year via a friend of mine:

It's good - but it ain't this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1R8Rx2db9c

Comment

Pat Metheny's Orchestrion has an impressive Heath Robinson quality about it, although the means may be greater than the end if you're not enamoured of smooth jazz fusion.

Comment

OK, this might be stretching the definition of "cool" more than somewhat, but I like it, and it's my thread. So there. The Peanuts Gang sing "2112" by Rush:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                            OK, this might be stretching the definition of "cool" more than somewhat, but I like it, and it's my thread. So there. The Peanuts Gang sing "2112" by Rush:
                                            I thought of this one when the thread first started but held off posting it for fear of falling at the cool hurdle, but as you've gone down that track....

Comment

We already know that Gusty Garden from Super Mario Galaxy 1 is the greatest piece of video game music ever, but are you prepared for this jazzy version?

Last edited by Kevin S; 05-10-2018, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                                Anything of this sort:

A chap called Rousseau has created some for piano works that work in a similar way to the Guitar Hero games.

For example:

Comment

Just encountered this. Tom Jones and CSNY doing long time gone https://youtu.be/dIDzA0YDso8

Comment

Working...
                                                  X