He wore He wore he wore a yellow ribbon-

He wore a yellow ribbon and got charged by the FA

Cunts

Like getting Al Capone for tax evasion.

Comment

Of course a poppy would have been fine.

Comment

Or a Qatar flag.

Apparently he's been doing this since November. So what took them so long? (Not that I agree with them doing it, but have the FA actually seen any games in the last three months?)

Comment

Article (in Castellano) about Man City fans wearing yellow ribbons at today's final. https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deport...42715_102.html

Comment

Does it say that they're not wearing it to support Catalan independence but as a protest against the FA charge, due to some weird cult of personality?

Comment

indeed. If you have no problem with your chairman being the person in charge of the war crime heavy UAE war effort in Yemen, then you don't get to take political stances, no matter what they are.

Comment

Well, on the balance of things, I'm siding with Pep and endlessly pointing out 'if it had been a poppy..'

Partly cos the Spanish left has so royally (appropriate adjective) fucked things up over Catalunya

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  indeed. If you have no problem with your chairman being the person in charge of the war crime heavy UAE war effort in Yemen, then you don't get to take political stances, no matter what they are.
                  Well, we don't know they have "no problem" with that do we? I have a problem with the owner/chairman of my club for many reasons (and political ones beyond his involvement with Sheffield Wednesday), and it causes me a lot of internal conflict. But I don;t think the fact that I haven't yet felt able to entirely abandon the club I have supported all my life, precludes me from having political opinions or taking political stances. In fact I know it doesn't. I have doubts that me taking political stances makes the slightest bit of difference, but that's another matter.

Comment

Pep's response to the UAE question was fairly feeble. Different traditions, innit.

Comment

Does it say that they're not wearing it to support Catalan independence but as a protest against the FA charge, due to some weird cult of personality?
                      Oh come on EIM. I remember when you went round karate kicking every Crystal Palace fan you could find for weeks and weeks. How's that different?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                        Oh come on EIM. I remember when you went round karate kicking every Crystal Palace fan you could find for weeks and weeks. How's that different?
                        I was 14.

Comment

Well, we don't know they have "no problem" with that do we?

Lets see, he's an international representative for a UAE world cup. He's the manager of a team owned by perhaps the worst emirate. At every point he is taking vast amounts of their money and he has no qualms whatsoever about working directly for perhaps the worst war criminal outside of Syria. If guardiola pulled his little ribbon stunt and threw his tantrum at the FA in the emirates they would throw him and his family in jail and get to work torturing him.

I don't care about the football, I don't care about how joyously he's pounding Jose into the floor, the man is a hypocritical cunt, and a soft power tool, (with the emphasis on tool) for tyrants. He should stop going on like he's jesus.

Comment

I thought we were talking about the fans?

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                              I was 14.
                              I believe that hobbes was referring to the 20th anniversary commemorations.

Comment

It sort of does in the second paragraph, and then down at the bottom below all the embedded tweets it says they're wearing it because they find both the FA's decision and the Spanish stance on Catalan independence to be unfair. Which is even-handed of them, I suppose.

Comment

"There's no place for political symbols in football", says hypocrite.

We have rewritten the laws of the game so that things like a poppy are OK but things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols, these are the things we don't want.

Comment

"We have rewritten the laws of the game so that things like a poppy are OK but things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols, these are the things we don't want." said Martin Glenn, the moron.

Comment

He really is a tool.

Comment

The bit where he compared the Star of David to a swastika was a ballsy move.

Comment

The bit where he compared the Star of David to a swastika was a ballsy move.
                                          Having not read the previous article in full, I had assumed you were being satirical. Nobody could be that crass and stupid. Alas. But at least he's said sowwy.

Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 05-03-2018, 11:57.

Comment

The more I see/hear of this fucking dildo, the more I reckon the SFA's ongoing failure to recruit a CEO might accidentally be a good move.

Comment

I haven't seen the term dildo used as a term of abuse in ages, it's a very welcome (and apt) comeback.

Comment

Working...
                                              X