We don't really like you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't really like you

I don't know why I'm starting this thread tonight ... I could have started it on several different occasions over the last few years. I've long learned to ignore the bellicous flag waving jingoism that comes from the right wing media on these islands but when a supposedly progressive newspaper like the Guardian joins in their nationalism it becomes worrying.
    The recent Guardian opinion piece on the calls for an Irish Language Act is just the latest in a long line of articles which sees fit to demonise these islands' indigenous languages.

I've no idea why the "left" find the continued use of indigenous languages so offensive nor why they feel it's okay to be so hostile to minority languages and their speakers.

Because, and this is just a monumental wank, perhaps the left... give a shit? We are equals, "until you can't make me happy" type thing.

Comment

I've no idea why The Guardian is considered 'The Left'

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        I've no idea why The Guardian is considered 'The Left'
        There is a line in a movie, where, someone says something, and the answer is "I can't see an alternative".

So...

Comment

That is a truly disgraceful article. And they have previous in Wales too.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ority-language
          Last edited by Vicarious Thrillseeker; 24-02-2018, 04:55.

Comment

Working...
          X