Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europa League Last 16 Draw

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Johnny Velvet; 05-11-2021, 15:35.

What's a Czech team doing there? I thought modern football has procedures in place to stop this sort of thing.

Comment

This is the third time Viktoria have made it this far since 2013

Comment

Sorry. I don't pay as much attention as I used to.

After looking at their wiki page I like the idea of lots after a limited penalty shootout

"In 1971, Viktoria won the Czech Cup by drawing lots after the two-legged final ended 4–4 on aggregate and 5–5 in a limited penalty shootout against Sparta Prague B"

Comment

UEFA's heated balls prevented an embarrassing Red Bull derby.

Comment

Marseille v Bilbao. The local police forces will be chuffed...

Comment

Is there much chance of a team winning this year's competition that was not parachuted in from the Champions League?

Comment

Are Salzburg a feeder to RBL or are they supposedly run independently?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  Is there much chance of a team winning this year's competition that was not parachuted in from the Champions League?
                  One of Lazio, Milan, Lyon, Marseille, Athletic Bilbao, Zenit St Petersburg, Lokomotiv Moscow, and Arsenal could conceivably win it, yes.

Comment

UEFA does not believe that a sufficient conflict exists

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                      One of Lazio, Milan, Lyon, Marseille, Athletic Bilbao, Zenit St Petersburg, Lokomotiv Moscow, and Arsenal could conceivably win it, yes.
                      Interesting how many "big" names that you think would be CL dropouts are in that list.

And Arsenal.

Comment

Is this the strongest last 16 anyone here can recall? ALEX TO THREAD, STAT!

Comment

It has the biggest names by recent reputation (21st century final appearances, for example) and probably the most expensive total player pool ever; but "strongest" is more subjective because it assumes that Lazio, Milan, etc are still good sides.

Comment

Working...
                          X