Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not That Creepy - Weekend matchgoing

Wembley v Crawley Green

An actual quarter-final in a knockout competition with a Wembley final at stake, about which people are too chirpy and optimistic for my tastes

Comment

A flying visit to Dublin for Ireland v Wales in the rugby. A real needle match after the relative pleasantries of Twickenham.

Comment

I,on the other hand,am heading out of Dublin to Limerick. Having won our opening game we have a few games with a chance to pick up points starting tomorrow. Going to be a tight league this year so need a good start

Comment

A sunny Saturday free of commitments means a chance to try a new ground. Looking at one of...
          AFC Hornchurch vs Tilbury
          Cockfosters vs Berkhamstead
          Wingate & Finchley vs Dulwich Hamlet

Haven't looked at travel yet, so if any OTFers have a compelling reason for me to try any one over the others I'm open to it.

Comment

Gillingham at home, followed by the closing down party of a vegan restaurant in Ramsbottom.

Only one of those factors is making me wail "What have I become?"

Comment

Uroš, I would've suggested that you join me at Wembley, but as we're playing each other at the same time, I'll not...

Comment

E10, the FA trophy is all set up for you to meet Billericay and their ringpiece of an owner in the final at wembley (and lose, obviously. And be unable to get out of the stadium before the guy's beaming tanbedded face dominates the big screen, celebrating)
                Last edited by N est à?; 23-02-2018, 12:46.

Comment

Leicester vs Stoke tomorrow lunchtime. I’d normally have a moan about the kick off time but it’s going to be cold so going home before it gets dark and even colder is fine by me.

Comment

Norwich City v Bolton Wanderers tomorrow, and the first match I've been to since the Brentford debacle in mid December. We've barely lost a game since then, so I'm praying I don't curse this one.

Comment

Arsenal v Manchester City, League Cup Final. Thanks to a season ticket holder who's out of the country.

Will be interesting to gauge Mrs CS's reaction, as her last experience of two PL teams was City v Wigan well over ten years ago and she left the ground asking where were all the super skills that Premier League players are supposed to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                        A sunny Saturday free of commitments means a chance to try a new ground. Looking at one of...
                        AFC Hornchurch vs Tilbury
                        Cockfosters vs Berkhamstead
                        Wingate & Finchley vs Dulwich Hamlet

Haven't looked at travel yet, so if any OTFers have a compelling reason for me to try any one over the others I'm open to it.
                        Save Cockfosters for the rescheduled Barnet Derby soon when I can make it.

Comment

Wingate & Finchley's ground has got a rather lovely art deco main stand and Dulwich being in town should ensure an atmosphere, at least.

Comment

My old pub team are playing at home on Sunday. Might go and shout some abuse (at them) for old time's sake.

Comment

Ta for the above pointers...
                              But after lunchbreak consideration, I'm electing for undisclosed option number four and Holmesdale vs Gravesham Borough, so I can stay the right side of London.

Comment

Nice dummy, well sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                  Gillingham at home, followed by the closing down party of a vegan restaurant in Ramsbottom.
                                  That’s my third favourite Half Man Half Biscuit lyric.

Comment

"The hoops and the stripes, the halves and the quarters...."

Comment

before the guy's beaming tanbedded face dominates the big screen, celebrating
                                      For Steve Evans in 2014, Tamplin in 2018

Comment

Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk in a very needletastic match. Poor results for both on the opening weekend this is likely to be fairly ferocious with the odd bit of quality thrown in. Double the excitement round my place with me and my boys in the away end, the missus and in-laws in the home end

Comment

Last trip to Turf Moor for a while to watch Burnley vs Southampton. I'm not expecting goals.

Comment

Manchester United v Chelsea. Football will be shite, but Mourinho giving Conte a wedgie will be fun.

Comment

Saturday, Royston Town vs Merthyr Town, which will leave me with 2 to do in the Southern Premier.

Sunday, RSC Anderlecht - Royal Excel Mouscron, which will leave me almost, but not quite all of the Jupiler Pro League to do.

Comment

Divided Loyalties Weekend for me.

Port Vale v Newport.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                                  Divided Loyalties Weekend for me.

Port Vale v Newport.
                                                  You'll definitely have the half and half scarf for this one.

So who do you support? That's a genuine question btw.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X