Recognition at last...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recognition at last...

...for the Witham Town superfan. Anyone who has seen Witham Town play will have come across him. He goes to all home and away games, sings, chants and shouts his way through every game and manages to get on the nerves of almost everyone in the ground! The players all know him though, so does the manager and last year he got fan of the year in the ryman league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...-away-superfan

Sad bastard.

Comment

Nothing that a good shagging wouldn't cure. I wonder why he's always the only one there.

Comment

Maybe a little unfair - the guy obviously has a learning difficulty but still files match reports for every fixture...

Comment

I agree with JW. He's harmless and it obviously means a lot to him. Witham players seem to treat him with tolerance and respect. Good on them.

Comment

He suffers from autism & learning difficulties and seems a lovely chap, his newfound national prominence is quite a heartening story.

Comment

Only a matter of time before they find problematic social media posts from his past.

Comment

I have to say I was worried about exactly that occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  He suffers from autism & learning difficulties and seems a lovely chap, his newfound national prominence is quite a heartening story.

Ah, didn't notice that after briefly glancing at the video. Have to say, though, if I was a player it would probably annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

He was on The Undatables, so can tick off the getting laid criticism box too.

Love his YouTube channel, gives a good overview of the dreamy heights of step 6 footy in the south east and he seems like a lonely guy.

Comment

unfortunate auto correct there, i hoped for lovely.

Comment

"I died three times at the football" proclaims another 'superfan' story on that BBC site. Only three? I died that many times each week when Alan Ball was our manager.

Comment

It’s good his obsession brings him into contact with other people, even if he is very wearying for the players or folk standing nearby.

Comment

I can assure you that there is always a lot of space to move around at that level if anyone really wanted to avoid standing nearby.

Comment

There has always been a healthy dose of such types.

Modern times has seen the bloke at Montrose.

The all time hero must be Ash U Ash U Untited man.

Comment

I thought of him when I saw the Witham Town story.

He made up Ash’s away support years ago when they visited Raynes Park Vale, maintaining a barrage of solo chanting/screaming throughout in the most inhospitable corner of the ground (and Grand Drive is one of the most derelict “stadiums” imaginable so that is saying something).

When RPV scored the only goal of the game late on their entire team ran past him in a line doing an ear-cupping gesture, keeper included.

Comment

Having the accolade of being the most inhospitable corner of Raynes Park Vale is some achievement!

Anyway, here he is in action

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...7Qc-91Ul_Ckso0

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    I thought of him when I saw the Witham Town story.

He made up Ash’s away support years ago when they visited Raynes Park Vale, maintaining a barrage of solo chanting/screaming throughout in the most inhospitable corner of the ground (and Grand Drive is one of the most derelict “stadiums” imaginable so that is saying something).

When RPV scored the only goal of the game late on their entire team ran past him in a line doing an ear-cupping gesture, keeper included.
                                    Harsh but the mental image of that has made me laugh like a loon.

Comment

Working...
                                    X