X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Brilliant. Could've been one of these headlines:

Comment

I was sat in a retail park pub opposite a KFC last night and watched a string of people pull up in their cars at the obviously non-functuoning, completely vacant restaurant, get out and walk to the doors, stand there for a few seconds waiting for the doors to open, and then give up and go back to their cars.

Comment

It's quite the phenomena. At least 5 times a day, someone will roll up on my pod at work, and stare at the empty chair of whoever they've come for. Once it's been long enough to be annoying, I'll usually say 'there's nobody in that chair' and they'll fuck off to think up Plan B.

Comment

I remember going to KFC in Hyderabad (India) with a friend who was ~2 weeks into having stomach issues. Turned out that the breading is way more spicy in India and I nearly got a hernia from laughing at him.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
            It's quite the phenomena. At least 5 times a day, someone will roll up on my pod at work, and stare at the empty chair of whoever they've come for. Once it's been long enough to be annoying, I'll usually say 'there's nobody in that chair' and they'll fuck off to think up Plan B.
            You could tell the pod invader "sorry, we're out of chicken." Not only would it have fitted this thread better, but it should make them less likely to return.

Comment

That story has gotten very little traction here. It's slipped through our fingers, you might say. So, very few would get the reference.

Anyway, my gruff but lovable demeanor is usually enough to get rid of them.

Comment

Ha, someone made it happen.

Comment

Has the Chicken Connoisseur been contacted on this issue?

Comment

Saw a tweet pointing out to those Brexiters saying the "Blitz Spirit" will take us through a hard brexit to bear in mind some people contacted the police about the KFC issue (and there are people having breakdowns about this all over the internet....)

Comment

I had a KFC yesterday for the first time in about five years. Don't rule out the 'shortage' being a fiendishly clever marketing exercise. Well, maybe not that fiendish if luring me is the benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                        It's quite the phenomena.
                        Phenomenon. (doo-doo do doo-doo)

Kev, thanks for posting the Day Today mashup someone had the common sense to make. Brilliant. You'd scarcely believe it wasn't satire. People were really calling the police because KFC was out of chicken?? Blitz spirit, indeed.

Comment

Aw, nuts.

Comment

Phenomenon. (doo-doo do doo-doo)
                            Glad to see I'm not the only person who always does that.

Comment

But only in the plural.

Comment

Working...
                              X