Something fowl is afoot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something fowl is afoot.

KFC run out of chicken after changing supplier.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/965633711223070721

They should get some of that top-quality American chlorinated stuff in.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
      They should get some of that top-quality American chlorinated stuff in.
      March 2019 for that, we're nearly there.

Comment

I thought they grew it in vats now which is why they became KFC and dropped the chicken from the name

Comment

DHL and QSL are the new delivery/warehousing contractors, who promised in their press release to "revolutionise" supply chain logisitics and "tear up the rule book".
          Mission accomplished. Both German companies too, taking a different approach to efficiency.
          I'm amazed they still deliver it fresh every day, I doubt most of their customers give a shit. KFC is garbage.

Comment

DHL is German? Wow. They are just awful to deal with, bastards will never give a time for delivery, and seem to think 8am or 6.30 pm constitute normal business hours.

Comment

Owned by Deutsche Post, no less

Comment

Just watching all the devastated saps on the news bemoaning the lack of KFC.

Chrissakes, go for pizza if you're that desperate.

Or maybe, y'know, actually try 'cooking' something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Like, chicken, maybe?

Comment

I’ve now half a mind to make some fried chicken from scratch. Despite having no chicken in the house or more than half an idea how to cook it. Youse bastards.

Comment

It's not as if KFC put their joints in distant locations where they are the only option, they always cluster where the fast food is at. My local one, which I only use as a landmark if giving directions, has in its vicinity a Subway, Chinese/Thai/Portuguese takeaways, a couple of Halal fried chicken options, a chip shop and roughly 20 pizza/kebab/curry all purpose takeaways. And a far superior proper (Jamaican) chicken shop right across the road.

As I suggested, during the autopsy, someone at KFC should look at the calibre of their complaining customers and wonder why they bother with all the expense and food safety rigmarole delivering fresh chicken for these pricks.

Comment

Dixie Chicken is better anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                          Like, chicken, maybe?
                          Sure, if that's your thang. (It wouldn't be mine, obviously.)

But maybe just maybe try something new, different, tasty...like perhaps proper food?

Comment

I’m not sure how fried chicken isn’t “proper” food. Inadvisable to eat more than a few times a week, but it’s still food. If hipster fucks can get away with eating pulled this and that and whatever “dirty” fries are, don’t see what’s the real difference with that and pleb junk food. Dawn Foster has been good on this in the Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                              It's not as if KFC put their joints in distant locations where they are the only option, they always cluster where the fast food is at. My local one, which I only use as a landmark if giving directions, has in its vicinity a Subway, Chinese/Thai/Portuguese takeaways, a couple of Halal fried chicken options, a chip shop and roughly 20 pizza/kebab/curry all purpose takeaways. And a far superior proper (Jamaican) chicken shop right across the road.

As I suggested, during the autopsy, someone at KFC should look at the calibre of their complaining customers and wonder why they bother with all the expense and food safety rigmarole delivering fresh chicken for these pricks.
                              What does a Portuguese takeaway involve? Is it just sub Nandos? If they did the “bife” steak swimming in garlic’d gravy I’d be well happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                What does a Portuguese takeaway involve? Is it just sub Nandos? If they did the “bife” steak swimming in garlic’d gravy I’d be well happy.
                                If they do Francesinha, I need a Portuguese takeaway in my town. They can take the place of the KFC.

Comment

I’m not sure how fried chicken isn’t “proper” food. Inadvisable to eat more than a few times a week, but it’s still food. If hipster fucks can get away with eating pulled this and that and whatever “dirty” fries are, don’t see what’s the real difference with that and pleb junk food. Dawn Foster has been good on this in the Guardian.
                                  Well, okay - a little contentious, perhaps, but something cooked with fresh ingredients, some kind of 'balance' (ie, not just fat and salt) and something not mass-prepared by bored staff working long hours, was kind of where I was coming from.

As for 'hipster' food, that can f*** right off for starters. (And mains.)

Comment

Do KFC do any non chicken related food? I mean, I know no one eats them normally, but if McDonalds ran out of burgers, they could still serve the salads, or whatever it is they're advertising where the ginger bloke is scared of the server because she's got a tattoo.

Comment

Well, 'chips', I suppose.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone eating a McSalad. But then again, I could count on one hand the number of times I've been to one of their restaurants in the past fifteen years, or however long they've been selling them.

(That girl is cute, by the way.)

Comment

I've never been in, so don't know, but it looks more like option 1, a sub-Nandos (although I've never been in there either).

I have about 3 takeaways a year (plus fish & chips at the seaside), as I'm tight/cook my own food.

Comment

I’m not sure how fried chicken isn’t “proper” food. Inadvisable to eat more than a few times a week, but it’s still food
                                          I love fried chicken. I had some yesterday. KFC is shit fried chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            Just watching all the devastated saps on the news bemoaning the lack of KFC.

Chrissakes, go for pizza if you're that desperate.

My mate's stepson is about 30, and a couple of years ago was telling me he has hardly cooked anything in his life. Left home alone in the house for a weekend (this was recent to the time of the conversation) he tried to cook a chicken out of the freezer, but didn't realise you had to defrost it first, got food poisoning and had to go to hospital. This was his justification for not attempting to cook anything ever again.

Comment

I've had a McSalad. It comes in a plastic pot so you can shake the dressing all over it if you want the dressing.

It's a nice alternative to fries with a value meal if you aren't in the mood for fries.

Comment

"I've had to go to Burger King"

https://twitter.com/__MichaelMartin/status/966076725867270154

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                                  My mate's stepson is about 30, and a couple of years ago was telling me he has hardly cooked anything in his life. Left home alone in the house for a weekend (this was recent to the time of the conversation) he tried to cook a chicken out of the freezer, but didn't realise you had to defrost it first, got food poisoning and had to go to hospital. This was his justification for not attempting to cook anything ever again.
                                                  That's what Africans would call, "no home training".

Comment

Working...
                                                  X