W or W? Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W or W? Weekend matchgoing

It's either Wealdstone v Dartford or Wembley v London Colney for me. Probably Wembley, 'cos we're dancing in the evening, and it's closer to home.

Two for me this weekend:

Leicester City vs Sheffield United, FA Cup 5th Round

I'll be disappointed it Puel doesn't put out a full strength XI for this one. We aren't scheduled to play again for eight days so there's no excuse not to do so. It's a favourable draw, especially given Sheffield United's recent form, and an opportunity to recover from some slightly patchy form ourselves. This competition was all I ever dreamed of seeing us winning as a kid, mainly because winning the league didn't feel possible. Even after having done so this competition is still important to me personally and to the club historically. I've never seen us go past the 6th round. The club reached four finals before I was born and lost them all. I think we have a chance to change both this season so I want the club to take it seriously.

Hinckley AFC vs Studley, Midland Football League Division One

The weather is set fair and so we ought to be playing our first home game since Boxing Day. Studley are in a bit of disarray having just lost a manager who last season took them from being relegation strugglers to Birmingham Midweek Floodlight Cup winners and top six contenders in just over a year. Hinckley's own season has been lacking in stability with the loss of two good managers to higher placed clubs, but recent results elsewhere have been kind and a second placed finish is still possible if we can win our games in hand. The league title will be going to Walsall Wood so it's about qualifying for the FA Cup now, as well as planning for next season.

Comment

Depending on whether my mate is in the team, I might be going to see STM Sports v Ammanford in the Welsh League division 2.

Comment

Bohemian fc v Shamrock Rovers for me, first time the biggest local derby in the league has been played on the opening day since 2005 so house full signs went up two weeks ago,live on RTE as well so a drab nil all draw is predicted

Comment

Dundalk v Bray. First league game in 16 (sixteen!) weeks. And I hen we'll rattle through 9 rounds before the end of March.

Comment

The Slovak restarts this weekend. Not sure how many games on grass will go ahead, but Zilina vs Ruzomberok on the 4G will be fine. The last time I saw Ruzomberok play was at Goodison Park in July. I think Zilina will give them a tougher time than Everton did that night.

Comment

I'm off to Seville on Sunday via Madrid. Can't wait to watch Jose's boys grind out a 0-1 defeat on Wednesday.

Comment

The beard trimmer makes even less sense now.

You could just go to the Barber . . .

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                  I'm off to Seville on Sunday via Madrid. Can't wait to watch Jose's boys grind out a 0-1 defeat on Wednesday.
                  This your first European away of the season, EIM? I loved Seville, but their police seem to be deliberately thick as fuck to try and create problems where none need exist.

Comment

FA Youth Cup 5th round tonight, Bury vs Birmingham. Looking forward to it hugely.

Nothing tomorrow or Sunday (apart from getting measured for a new suit tomorrow morning, the Arcade Club on Saturday night and Dale on TV on Sunday) but Blackburn vs Bury on Monday night. Not looking forward to it hugely.

Comment

but their police seem to be deliberately thick as fuck to try and create problems where none need exist.
                      and you aren't even Catalan

Comment

Saturday: Dulwich Hamlet vs Enfield Town
                        Taking a former colleague to his first ever football match, and reasoned that if he doesn't take to it at least there's a decent range of beers in the ground to keep him happy.

Sunday: Chelsea vs Doncaster Rovers Belles
                        A chance to see the Belles bow out to Chelsea in the fifth round of the FA Women's Cup for the third consecutive year. Still, least we've won the thing five times more than them.

Comment

FA Cup for me as well this weekend, quarter final action between Dandy Town and PHC on Sunday afternoon. Should be a good game, as PHC haven't won in 3 now having looked like running away with the league, and the top 4 (which includes Hornets) are separated by only 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                            This your first European away of the season, EIM? I loved Seville, but their police seem to be deliberately thick as fuck to try and create problems where none need exist.
                            Second. I did the Super Cup final an all.

We've not got tickets, and seeing the precautions they've put in place (wristbands and the like) picking up spares looks unlikely. So it's either counting on the Spanish police just letting everyone in after a smack on the head, or watching with beer and tapas somewhere. I prefer that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Corieltauvian View Post
                              Leicester City vs Sheffield United, FA Cup 5th Round

I'll be disappointed it Puel doesn't put out a full strength XI for this one. We aren't scheduled to play again for eight days so there's no excuse not to do so. It's a favourable draw, especially given Sheffield United's recent form, and an opportunity to recover from some slightly patchy form ourselves. This competition was all I ever dreamed of seeing us winning as a kid, mainly because winning the league didn't feel possible. Even after having done so this competition is still important to me personally and to the club historically. I've never seen us go past the 6th round. The club reached four finals before I was born and lost them all. I think we have a chance to change both this season so I want the club to take it seriously.
                              Quite. You're not going down and you're not going to win the league, so why not concentrate of losing your tag as the club to have lost the most finals without ever winning one.

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City. In a futile attempt to bring us luck I've booked the same seat as I had in the last round.

Lunchtime kick off which means trying to find a decent pub for my pre-match pint. Not enough pubs in Sheffield seem interested in dipping into the market of those who want a drink at 11am.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                  Blackburn vs Bury on Monday night. Not looking forward to it hugely.
                                  Nothing to fear mate. They're shit. I'll be cheering Bury on towards their Great Escape.

Comment

Doing the inaugural Crewe Parkrun, then its three games in Shropshire:
                                    12:00 - Ludlow v AFC Bilbrook
                                    15:00 - Shawbury United v Bromsgrove Sporting
                                    19:35 - The New Saints v Dumbarton

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                      We've not got tickets, and seeing the precautions they've put in place (wristbands and the like) picking up spares looks unlikely. So it's either counting on the Spanish police just letting everyone in after a smack on the head, or watching with beer and tapas somewhere. I prefer that option.
                                      Wristbands? Fucking hell. There was a pre-check with barcode readers when we went, positioned before the main security pat down line so that they could weed out the forgeries and chancers. Tapas and beer sounds like a winner though.

More mundanely, I’ll be spending tomorrow at Carlisle v Chesterfield. It’ll be shit.

Comment

Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers at a probably fractious Kingsmeadow (or as close as it comes to it there) after four defeats on the bounce.

Comment

Shrewsbury v Rotherham.

Fuck knows what will happen.

Comment

Brighton v Coventry in the Cup. Just discovered this afternoon that we'll have to run the Replacement Bus Gauntlet for most of the journey, so it looks like an early start with lunch in Brighton and possibly a late arrival back home as well. Not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                              Shrewsbury v Rotherham.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                                Shrewsbury v Rotherham.

Sadly not.

Ditto.

Comment

Fun and games on various motorways getting to Airbus UK Broughton 1-0 Ruthin Town in the Cymru Alliance on Friday night.
                                                  A shorter journey to see Oxford United vs Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X