Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lobster Boy (was: This Jordan Peterson Guy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, it was already ruined. I saw The Lobster and it was shit.

Comment

The bumbling Canadian answer to Laibach

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/DawnHFost...47477011910657

The lobster just can’t help it. “The Jewish Question” again, now with mathematical proofs! This philo Semitic bullshit is only a half step from anti semitism. See also Burchill, Paul “Bonkers” Johnson.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/992436717910044672

Comment

Comment

If he’s not a fascist it’s only his cowardice preventing it. He’s a geek that gets a hard on around the tough boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                He’s a geek that gets a hard on around the tough boys.
                What, like Matthew Syed?

Comment

This sounds like the premise of "Ross Kemp on Gangs."

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=4LqZdkkBDas

This is very good. It’s quite delicious imagining the average neckbeard, or indeed creepazoid prime JP himself getting schooled by a transgender philosophy geek.

Comment

How much of a fascist do you have to be to be less liberal than Pakistan?

Nasty oppressive Islamic country still more progressive than JP on trans people's rights.

Comment

Transgender folk have been a longstanding part of the culture, with quasi religious roles in funerals or at saints shrines, more tolerated in Muslim parts of South Asia than by Hindus apparently. At least when Sufism was the dominant influence.
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 09-05-2018, 19:43.

Comment

Sufism has been under attack in Pakistan for some time - bombings at shrines and festivals - and Hijras less tolerated. They've become increasingly marginalised, especially as more conservative forms of Islam have become prevalent in part owing to the massive Saudi funding of medrassas.

Any issue on which the PML-N is more tolerant than a Canadian university professor is worthy of note.
                          Last edited by ChrisJ; 09-05-2018, 20:03. Reason: bollox

Comment

Sadly this piece in the NYT is behind a paywall, because I'd genuinely like to read it https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/s...-for-life.html

The one quote I have seen (about those fucking Incel fuckers and the killer in Toronto) is stunningly awful enough
                            “He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

Mr. Peterson does not pause when he says this. Enforced monogamy is, to him, simply a rational solution. Otherwise women will all only go for the most high-status men, he explains, and that couldn’t make either gender happy in the end.

“Half the men fail,” he says, meaning that they don’t procreate. “And no one cares about the men who fail.”

I laugh, because it is absurd.

“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

But aside from interventions that would redistribute sex, Mr. Peterson is staunchly against what he calls “equality of outcomes,” or efforts to equalize society. He usually calls them pathological or evil.'

Comment

Still,.... his ideas are *interesting*... Be terrible if he was pigeon-holed as just another fascist cunt, just because... oh...

Comment

Plenty of tickets still available for the O2 show, lobster-fans! Possibly because floor seats seem to cost £150 and upwards, which is pushing into Rolling Stones territory.

If a tree falls in an arena and there is no-one there to hear it, has it been SILENCED?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Sadly this piece in the NYT is behind a paywall, because I'd genuinely like to read it https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/s...-for-life.html

The one quote I have seen (about those fucking Incel fuckers and the killer in Toronto) is stunningly awful enough
                                  He's basically just Tom Cruise's character in Magnolia at this point, isn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                    He's basically just Tom Cruise's character in Magnolia at this point, isn't he.
                                    With a dash of plain old Tom Cruise, if the various Scientology docs are anything to go on.

Comment

Does this link to the Bowles piece work for others?

It is quite long, and the photographs really convey what a massive twunt the guy is.
                                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 19-05-2018, 12:31.

Comment

Works for me (the link, not JP's mouldy old cobblers) - ta, ursus.

Comment

Thanks ursus that worked. Christ the more I read about him the more I read what he's said it's fucking awful. He's like an intelligent Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Peterson simply follows the well-trodden path of most progressophobes who have become succe$$ful: agitate, provoke, be divisive, constantly ratchet up the ante etc. and it will always pay off, literally. (the media lap it up, it only stops paying off when sponsors cut off the $ lines. The media feed off them and have normalised their discourse by giving them an inordinate amount of attention and airtime.)

Some of these cunts may not even really think what they say half of the time but it’s a nice little earner and they get to lash out at "the Establishment/Elite" and get plenty of social media likes for it, they like to delude themselves into thinking that they are the standard bearers for sections of society or whole generations so why hold back, huh?

Which it is what I explained here and here using the French situation as an illustration given that French society has nurtured and churned out Peterson-ish characters for the past two decades, those French new reactionaries are a little different to Peterson obviously (more European, more obsessed with identity etc.) but it's very much a "same shit, different shovel" case here.

They often start reasonably low-key and then get increasingly outrageous as the media goad them and as their bank balances grow. The relationship between them and the media is very symbiotic. It’s akin to a vicious circle really: cunts get addicted to money and fame and feckless inflammatory statements, and the media can’t get enough of them so they prod them. Rinse and repeat indefinitely.

Comment

Until the media who encourage this run out of money. Which is thankfully happening.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                                Until the media who encourage this run out of money. Which is thankfully happening.
                                                but unfortunately the likes of Peterson are their own (very profitable) media.

Comment

One of the myriad negative impacts associated with increasing inequality is that the privileged classes have a massive amount of disposable income to throw at the purveyors of this slop.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    One of the myriad negative impacts associated with increasing inequality is that the privileged classes have a massive amount of disposable income to throw at the purveyors of this slop.
                                                    Shouldn't that response be on the "not news" thread?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X